Canadian Gumbo, Updated Video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
Looks Great Disco!!
I didn't know you were a Cajunadian!!
Keep up the Great Work!
Like.

Bear

Looks Great Disco!!
I didn't know you were a Cajunadian!!
Keep up the Great Work!
Like.

Bear

Har! There are Candian dishes, Alder smoked salmon, poutine, quebec tortiere, Jiggs dinner, etc.

However, what Canadian cuisine is really about is stealing the best from food around the world. I shamelessy make Cajun dishes because they taste good!

I grew up just across boarder north of Detroit area. Fished Canada with my Dad. I sure miss those days. Dad was a big hunter and flew in where you on your own with his friends every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: disco
Please come back when the craziness is over! We love our American neighbours and would show you a great time!

I grew up just across north of Detroit area. Fished Canada with my Dad. I sure miss those days. Dad was a big hunter and flew in where you on your own with his friends every year.
Please come back when the craziness is over! We love our American neighbours and would show you a great time!

My recipe for gumbo is posted at https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/gumbo-eh-canadian-made-gumbo-qview-and-video.153079/

Having just made some andouille sausage (see https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/ofg-andouille.301000/ ) it was obviously time to make my Canadian Gumbo. I took the opportunity to shoot a video of the cook for my community TV program. As I had some comments re making gumbo in the andouille post, I put the video up here for your derision and laughter!

Disco

Final I see proof Cajuns really ARE descendants of Canada lol. I love me some gumbo

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky