• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Canadian Gumbo, Updated Video

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012

TNJAKE

Master of the Pit
Joined Nov 26, 2019
"use the oven if you want some lovin" lmao. Nice video and delicious looking gumbo

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Looks Great Disco!!
I didn't know you were a Cajunadian!!
Keep up the Great Work!
Like.

Bear

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Looks Great Disco!!
I didn't know you were a Cajunadian!!
Keep up the Great Work!
Like.

Bear
Har! There are Candian dishes, Alder smoked salmon, poutine, quebec tortiere, Jiggs dinner, etc.

However, what Canadian cuisine is really about is stealing the best from food around the world. I shamelessy make Cajun dishes because they taste good!

Brian Trommater

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
I grew up just across boarder north of Detroit area. Fished Canada with my Dad. I sure miss those days. Dad was a big hunter and flew in where you on your own with his friends every year.

Last edited:

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Please come back when the craziness is over! We love our American neighbours and would show you a great time!

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
I grew up just across north of Detroit area. Fished Canada with my Dad. I sure miss those days. Dad was a big hunter and flew in where you on your own with his friends every year.
Please come back when the craziness is over! We love our American neighbours and would show you a great time!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

You alright, Ole Buddy???
You're repeating yourself again.

Bear

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2016
Looks great David.
You sure you don''t have some French in ya?
Them Coonasses sure have some in them.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Looks great David.
You sure you don''t have some French in ya?
Them Coonasses sure have some in them.
Har! No French. Just Irish and a definite love of food. Thanks, Chile!

Cajun Smokes

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 16, 2020
My recipe for gumbo is posted at https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/gumbo-eh-canadian-made-gumbo-qview-and-video.153079/

Having just made some andouille sausage (see https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/ofg-andouille.301000/ ) it was obviously time to make my Canadian Gumbo. I took the opportunity to shoot a video of the cook for my community TV program. As I had some comments re making gumbo in the andouille post, I put the video up here for your derision and laughter!

Disco
Final I see proof Cajuns really ARE descendants of Canada lol. I love me some gumbo

Braz

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 25, 2017
Another home run from the OFG kitchen.

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
It's 11 PM and I really want to make a big pot of that right now, Disco, but a quick check of the freezer says I can't. :emoji_cry: Looks great--I can almost smell it.
Very nice job.
Gary

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
There are still Acadians in New Brunswick. They make great food, too!
There's a few here in Alberta, too. As it turns out, I'm married to one. LOL Miss Linda's branch of the family went to Quebec during the expulsion, so I get a fantastic mix of Acadian and French Canadian food.
Gary

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.