Canadian Bacon-lot's of qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks great, Al! I've been making it for a while now (TQ in vac-seal) and the Mrs goes through it as fast as I can cure it. I like the pepper treatment, but the smoking might be too much for her. I'm going to try coating with pepper while curing next time. Thanks for the great idea!

:points:

Dan

Looks great, Al! I've been making it for a while now (TQ in vac-seal) and the Mrs goes through it as fast as I can cure it. I like the pepper treatment, but the smoking might be too much for her. I'm going to try coating with pepper while curing next time. Thanks for the great idea!

points.gif

Dan
Thanks Dan!

I don't know why I don't just cure the whole loin, because Judy & I love CB. For us the pepper really makes it. Hope you like it too.

Thank you for the point

Al
Thanks for reminding me I have to get a couple of loins in the cure this weekend those sandwiches look awesome.
Thanks Murray,

Canadian bacon is so easy to make & tastes so good & is sooo cheap.

I think I paid $1.18 per pound for that loin. 

Al

Making everything you could make yourself is awesome . Looks great !

I bought some 51/2 " roll netting for mine . Packs it up like a small ham . Would fit that home made muffin perfect . 
points.gif

AL that looks awesome. I would never get away with putting the pepper on (wife would kill me). 

that is one great looking breakfast sandwich.

Link

Making everything you could make yourself is awesome . Looks great !

I bought some 51/2 " roll netting for mine . Packs it up like a small ham . Would fit that home made muffin perfect . 
points.gif
Thank you,

That's a great idea. Next time I'm going to try that.

Thank-you for the point.

Al

AL that looks awesome. I would never get away with putting the pepper on (wife would kill me). 

that is one great looking breakfast sandwich.

Link
Thanks Link,

We put pepper on everything.

Al

Great Job..But It's "Back Bacon" not Canadian Bacon..
29.gif
canada-flag-68.gif
Thank you,

Doesn't matter what you call it, it's good stuff!

Al

As always Al, your killin it!

Thanks Red,

I appreciate the compliment!

Al

Necessity is the mother of invention   multitasking. I love those egg rings!

Great looking sandwich.
Thanks Kevin,

Yea the ball jar rings really work good. I guess I could be more professional & get egg rings, but for now these work well & I have a ton of them.

Al

To Canadians it is...    To Americans, it's Canadian Bacon.... EH !!!
Thanks for clarifying that Dave, I've never heard it called back bacon before. I guess I'm too far from Canada.

Al

Looks great Al. Looks TOO GOOD! Not sure I would have been able to give the wife one!...JJ
th_anim_burp.gif

Just curious Al why you used 2T instead of 1?
For me I think Pop's brine is a little too weak. Safety wise you are allowed 5 T per gallon, so I usually use 2, sometimes 3 if I want it to cure a little faster.

Al

Looks great Al. Looks TOO GOOD! Not sure I would have been able to give the wife one!...JJ
th_anim_burp.gif
Thanks JJ!

I'm not saying nothing!

Al

Reactions: fullborebbq

dang right it is....wow...Judy you are one lucky lady to  have Al ...good chef. Hats off and a bow.

HT
Thanks HT!

I really appreciate it.

I'm pretty lucky to have Judy too.

We make a good team!

Al

I didn't realize you pulled the CB at 140F. I would have messed it up, but this is now on my to do list!  I love some CB.

My company is moving into a new office and I was thinking about taking my flat top out there the first morning we move in and making cook-to-order breakfast for everyone as they came in.  This would be the icing on the cake!

Definite points!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky