can a person be conditioned to

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cal1956

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 14, 2015
Colorado
just a fun thread to give us something to think and talk about ,
so here is the question : can a person be conditioned to like a food they otherwise wouldn't eat ? i have had some fun with the answers i have gotten from friends with this simple seeming question , its not as a benin question as it might seem to be

I would eat shoelaces if they were wrapped in bacon!

John
goldrush-chaplin.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw and Steve H
my wife was raised in the north,she ate cream of wheat ( nasty ) i was raised in the south, i ate grits ( nasty to her ) but can she /I be conditioned to LIKE the other

Reactions: bill1
Hmmm, I would say I could be conditioned to like something that I never had before.
However if it's something I already don't like, I could not be conditioned to like it---Ever.

Bear

I could not stand yellow cheese when I was young. <25 I would only eat white cheese. Any yellow cheese would make me gag.
When my wife got pregnant with our first kid. I started craving chili cheeseburgers and now like almost any cheeses

Years ago I worked with some Inuit students from Alaska. I asked them as a people what they were most proud of. Quickly and unanimously they said, “We can eat anything.” I’ve never forgotten that. I often wonder if they can eat cilantro because I can’t stomach that stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky