• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

can a person be conditioned to

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
just a fun thread to give us something to think and talk about ,
so here is the question : can a person be conditioned to like a food they otherwise wouldn't eat ? i have had some fun with the answers i have gotten from friends with this simple seeming question , its not as a benin question as it might seem to be

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
not JUST eat , but like something they normally wouldn't

atomicsmoke

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 3, 2014
I would eat shoelaces if they were wrapped in bacon!

John
goldrush-chaplin.jpg

cal1956

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 14, 2015
my wife was raised in the north,she ate cream of wheat ( nasty ) i was raised in the south, i ate grits ( nasty to her ) but can she /I be conditioned to LIKE the other

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
My mother often told me, "You'll eat it, and you'll like it!"

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Hmmm, I would say I could be conditioned to like something that I never had before.
However if it's something I already don't like, I could not be conditioned to like it---Ever.

Bear

JIMSMOKES

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 27, 2021
I could not stand yellow cheese when I was young. <25 I would only eat white cheese. Any yellow cheese would make me gag.
When my wife got pregnant with our first kid. I started craving chili cheeseburgers and now like almost any cheeses

Sven Svensson

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 5, 2021
Years ago I worked with some Inuit students from Alaska. I asked them as a people what they were most proud of. Quickly and unanimously they said, “We can eat anything.” I’ve never forgotten that. I often wonder if they can eat cilantro because I can’t stomach that stuff.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.