1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Camping and smoking (meat)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by phathead69, Jul 1, 2018.

1. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    4 day trip and menu called for smoked meat couple of the days so took the rat rod reverse flow with me. Thought I was making it just for this type stuff (portable). Well not so much while I can load and unload by myself it is a job.
    20180629_132859.jpg
    Day 2 called for lunch of wings and some bolenga. I've done bolenga before, mustard rub the spog and some heat. First try at wings. Rub with spog while light on the s and p. Added a 6 pepper blend, some mustard powder and cinnamon .
    20180629_132906.jpg
    Smoked wings for 2hrs with avg 240 temp then on hot grill to crisp up. Sauced and served. First wings turned out moist and good taste with crisp skin. Thanks to all who have posted their methods. I read 90 % of them to make my run at them. Bologna for two more hours.
    Last night beans and ribs
    20180629_145032.jpg 20180630_171819.jpg
    20180630_185424.jpg

SmokinAl and TomKnollRFV like this.
  2. TomKnollRFV

TomKnollRFV Smoking Fanatic

Loving this!

3. mfatty500

mfatty500 Newbie

Good looking feast

4. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    Thanks. For me that is what camping is about. Eating and relaxing . Hotter than crap so had to keep the cold ones flowing but ate well. One night was shrimp boil with added crab legs IMG951520.jpg

Attached Files:

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Sounds like it's time for a nap!!
    Al

6. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    Did a lot that also AL

7. ksblazer

ksblazer Smoke Blower

You eat better out camping than I do at home. LoL.

That's very cool that you brought the smoker with you. As a kid and when I go camping now we always grilled it up.

Looking back its one of my favorite memories of camping outdoors. The smell of the meat cooking and the food always seemed to taste really good. Even though it was just basic grilling.

Im sure you had a good time and some great meals there. Thanks for sharing it with us.

8. phathead69

phathead69 Smoke Blower

TN
    Ks thanks and it was great. Met some good friends that we only get to see a couple times a yr. We do eat well camping and wife loves it since I'm doing 90 % of cooking.