Camp Chef PID

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kurt boutin

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Southern NH
Hey, so I know that the PID shipping with Camp Chef right now is the wifi PID...I saw one that had 4 probes. Is that available for sale separately? Otherwise, have folks been using 3rd party PIDs? To be clear, there's nothing wrong with what I have, but the wifi/phone app aspect of it is pretty appealing.

Thoughts?

Kurt

I tried the upgrade on my Woodwind24 and it didn't work. CC even sent a second unit and it didn't work either. They refunded my money and I'm happy. If I try the wifi/PID thingy again, it will be with an after market company unit.

The Gen 2 retrofit(Blue LCD screen..flat controller) PID is the only one on the website...that goes for 199. The 4 probe PID Woodwind retrofit version (color screen that angles up...not a "flat" controller) is 249 but only available via phone.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky