• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Camp Chef PID

kurt boutin

Smoke Blower
Joined Apr 3, 2011
Hey, so I know that the PID shipping with Camp Chef right now is the wifi PID...I saw one that had 4 probes. Is that available for sale separately? Otherwise, have folks been using 3rd party PIDs? To be clear, there's nothing wrong with what I have, but the wifi/phone app aspect of it is pretty appealing.

Thoughts?

Kurt

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
I know that the Camp Chef Woodwind can be retrofitted with the new controller. Yes they can be purchased separatly. I replaced my original controller on my Woodwind with their PID controller.

Not sure about their other models. Give Camp Chef a call.

John

dubob

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 1, 2019
I tried the upgrade on my Woodwind24 and it didn't work. CC even sent a second unit and it didn't work either. They refunded my money and I'm happy. If I try the wifi/PID thingy again, it will be with an after market company unit.

oquela

Joined Nov 15, 2020
The Gen 2 retrofit(Blue LCD screen..flat controller) PID is the only one on the website...that goes for 199. The 4 probe PID Woodwind retrofit version (color screen that angles up...not a "flat" controller) is 249 but only available via phone.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.