Camp Chef PG24SG Controller Upgrade suggestions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveverdo

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 8, 2016
My Camp Chef pellet smoker's controller has bee acting up lately. It stops, starts, doesn't feed then shuts down, ....
Rather than just replacing it, I was thinking of upgrading.

Any suggestions on a PID controller? I'm not ready to upgrade the whole smoker yet.

Dave

I just upgraded my Pit Boss to a Savannah Stoker PID, I’m extremely happy with it.

Reactions: Steff3
I ordered the Savannah Stoker PID which is not WiFi. I expect to get it this week and will report back after the first smoke. I did not get the CampChef because three components failed on my CampChef smoker so far. I figured if the first one failed after about two years, why buy another one from them.

Reactions: Just4SmokinGrillin
I ordered the Savannah Stoker PID which is not WiFi. I expect to get it this week and will report back after the first smoke. I did not get the CampChef because three components failed on my CampChef smoker so far. I figured if the first one failed after about two years, why buy another one from them.
Makes sense. I've had my Winwood for 2 years and so far no problems; keep my fingers crossed. At lower smoking temps I get about a 13 degree variance. I looked at the Savannah specs and it says at lower temps the swing can be between 10 and 15 degrees. Not sure what the benefit is but I like that you can just have the fan on without the heat for cold smoking.

Let us know after you have a chance to play with your new controller.

Makes sense. I've had my Winwood for 2 years and so far no problems; keep my fingers crossed. At lower smoking temps I get about a 13 degree variance. I looked at the Savannah specs and it says at lower temps the swing can be between 10 and 15 degrees. Not sure what the benefit is but I like that you can just have the fan on without the heat for cold smoking.

Let us know after you have a chance to play with your new controller.
I used the new controller a few times now and there is a large swing at low temps. It is pretty good above 225°F.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky