Cajun Surf & Turf: Blackened Filets, Shrimp, And Grits (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That looks spectacular!!! Awesome surf and turf. Being from 'Up North' don't get grits much, but those look great also!

Looks Mighty Tasty, Robert !!
I love when my Shrimp pick up a little dark stuff from following some Tasty Beef!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

You had me with the shrimp and grits! I'd eat that any day! Like!
Somehow I had a feeling that this would find a soft spot in your heart....and belly :emoji_wink:
That's my kind of plate !!
Thanks!! I kinda liked it.
you are better thaan me, Wife out of town for 4 days and I made myself refried bean burritos and frozen bratwurst.
No shame in what you had...none at all. I'll have 4 or 5 days soon as a bachelor and will probably do all sorts of absurd meals.

Robert

Beautiful cook! Delicious looking meal Robert! Can’t beat shrimp and red meat done perfectly
Thanks Jed. Steak was over by just a couple degrees but still good. Shrimp however were right on the money.
I especially like your Shrimp & Grits.
Very much appreciate it. I do love salads and veggies a a whole but this time I decided to forego them for more of what I really wanted....shrimp & grits.
Nice work for sure Robert. Looks delicious.
Thanks so much. Was pretty tasty and enjoyed all by myself :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Simple yet exquisite... I'd hit it!
Yep...about as simple as it gets but man oh man was it ever good!! I've fallen in love with the cheesy cayenne grits.
Damn Robert everything on that plate looks top notch spectacular. Next bachelor night we want to see some chicken!
Thanks John. Appreciate it my friend. got a few bachelor days forthcoming and plan on doing some chicken, rest assured!!
Heck of a good looking plate Robert and you know I love me some shrimp and grits
Thanks Jake...and yes, I remember :emoji_wink: Will we be going back there when I come to TN for the '22 gathering? If so, don't you dare try getting sneaky again :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Shoot yeah. That is plate licking good
Thanks Jim!! I didn't lick the plate but I did grab a slice of bread to soak up all the goodies.
Nice meal Robert
Thanks so much Brian. I appreciate it.
I love seafood! That's a great looking meal Robert. I been doing shrimp in Bear's Ninja. So quick and good.
Thank you for the kind words Brian. I love seafood also but can only cook it when Tracy isn't here. I'd love to have a ninja but simply have too many toys already and no place to store another one. Believe me, I've looked :emoji_wink:

Robert

Looks awesome Robert! I’m saving the filets you sent me for a special dinner. Can’t wait
The way I look at of Jeff is any day you're above ground and able to cook is a special day. Enjoy those things!! I bet we could figure out another trade so you can get some more :emoji_wink:
Great looking meal Robert. Everything looks perfect.
Thanks Chris!! Appreciate it sir.
Bachelor night is for living on the edge.
Yah, that's me...living on the edge with some shrimp. I'm like that....showing my dangerous side when Tracy isn't here to see me :emoji_laughing:
Well Robert, that's a very good looking plate of food right there, my friend. It's time for me to get back to cooking...
Thanks so much Charles and welcome back from your vacation. Can't wait to see what you cook up. It's always great to see your family dinners.

Robert

Boy howdy it that ever the truth Robert! I'd be thrilled sitting down to that plate, nice work bud!
Thanks Ray. Was a nice change of pace from not being able to cook seafood when Tracy is around. Really enjoyed this one.
That looks spectacular!!! Awesome surf and turf. Being from 'Up North' don't get grits much, but those look great also
Very much appreciate it. I was born and raised in the south and grits were a regular thing, but just straight up. i love adding the cheddar cheese and cayenne. Really amps up the flavor.
Great looking meal Robert! I'd eat that anyway!
Thank you my friend. Not really a good looking plate but the food was good :emoji_wink:

Robert

Just had my first ever shrimp and grits tonight at a favorite local restaurant. Looks like next time I need to have it with steak.
Well congrats on finally getting to eat a Southern staple :emoji_wink: I just liked the idea of the surf & turf but the grits were an added bonus.
Very nice my friend!
Thank you Steve. Was a tasty dinner for sure.
Looks Mighty Tasty, Robert !!
I love when my Shrimp pick up a little dark stuff from following some Tasty Beef
Thank you Bear. That's one thing about the griddle. It'll always impart flavors from the last cook into whatever you're cooking this time. Makes scrambled eggs look really bad though if you cook them after cooking bacon or sausage :emoji_laughing:
Oh yes please. Looks great Robert!
Thanks Dave. Come on down. I'll hook you up with a plate or two

Robert

Reactions: sandyut
That’s a mighty fine plate fit for a bachelor night Robert, a bowl of shrimp and cayenne grits sounds most excellent right about now!

That’s a mighty fine plate fit for a bachelor night Robert, a bowl of shrimp and cayenne grits sounds most excellent right about now!
Thanks Joe!! It hit the spot, that's for sure. I'm loving the cheesy cayenne grits...but I tend to like stuff a bit on the spicy side.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky