cajun injector

Discussion in 'Electric Smokers' started by greazy, Jan 12, 2010.

1. greazy

greazy Fire Starter

St Nick was good to me this year. I've quite a bit os experience w charcoal and w gas, but none w elec. Would appreciate comments re the cajun injector as a species and w elec's in general.

2. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Got a picture of it by any chance?

3. My pop got one for Christmas also, and so far I've sampled the pork butt, and one of the six racks of ribs he's done. WOW! that stuff was awesome. I thought I read on here somewhere that the Cajun Injector is made by Masterbuilt??? Not sure though. All I know is that it is capable of putting out some outstanding meats. Congrats on the new toy.

4. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Now that looks like one fine smoker.

6. nozzleman

nozzleman Smoking Fanatic

I have the cajun injector too, just follow recommendations for use on any masterbuilt posts that interest you.

7. greazy

greazy Fire Starter

Thanks, especially to nozzleman.

One more question: How long should it take to reach desired temp? I'm getting food cooked by about the time it reaches the temp I've got set.

8. mama's smoke

mama's smoke Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Just wondering how hot this gets on the outside and the bottom. Is it safe to use on a wooden deck?

9. deltadude

deltadude Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Someone else asked same question I think. There is no problem setting this on the deck, mine is sitting on a wood stand, there are no heat marks on the wood. It has adjustable feet that it sits on.