Cajun Custom Cookers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I emailed them the other day to send me some close up pictures of all the fine details like that before I drove up there. When I get them I'll post it on here.
Good, i'm interested in 1 also, but it needs to be worth the extra money  over lang...

I'm impressed with the double welding...  eliminates the gaps on both sides of the metal where gunk can collect and bacteria can grow... easier to clean...  
And I do understand their tuning plates and one stack concept...  pretty cool and makes the smoker more versatile, IMNSHO....
If the fire box on their smokers had an upper air inlet

If your seam is properly prepped you will have penetration through to the backside. There's no reason to weld both sides of a seam except poor preparation or lack of welding knowledge. I'am by no means an expert but never have I seen a professional welder weld both sides of a corner joint, or butt joint, which is most of the types of joints that would be on a smoker. On 1/4" I always bevel and leave a gap so I get full penetration with one pass. Welding each side with lower heat won't make a stronger weld. To me it's a shortcut but not really a time saving one.

Kyle

Kyle,

I am with you on that most of the welds could be covered easy in one pass if prepped correctly.

That maybe fine n dandy to weld like that on a large gas line, but if you are building smokers comercially there is no way you are going to go to all that trouble to prep a weld area.

I would love someone to pay me to TIG weld with multiple weave passes on a smoker, but it is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Building them commercially welding every seam twice is taking double the time, using double the gas, and double the consumables. The time it takes to prep a seam for MIG or stick couldn't possibly be more cost effective than what they are doing. I'm with you on TIG, I'd love to do nothing but TIG . But that will never happen it has its place but not doing everyday fab on a smoker.

Kyle

I folks just wanted to mention we now have a all stainless steel wood burning smoker that is NSF certified! Also check out our latest build. This smokers has a swivel counter in front and a deep fryer in the front and a whole lot more. I would like to call it the Mardi Grass which is a Catholic celebration of a feast celebrated mainly in Louisiana.
I also uploaded a image of our patented tuning plate system I could not release images until patent was filed.
20180413_173216.jpg
20180413_173307.jpg
1221161208.jpg

Reactions: luvcatchingbass
So we weld the inside of the cook chamber because NSF requires a 1/4" radius for easy cleaning inside the cook chamber and so bacteria can not hide in any crevice. Safety 1st here happy cooking every one!

Building them commercially welding every seam twice is taking double the time, using double the gas, and double the consumables. The time it takes to prep a seam for MIG or stick couldn't possibly be more cost effective than what they are doing. I'm with you on TIG, I'd love to do nothing but TIG . But that will never happen it has its place but not doing everyday fab on a smoker.

Kyle
A track burner or CNC plasma cutter with a tilt head can cut a bevel just as easily as a square cut. Bingo: prepped joint.

Check it out our 1/4" thick stainless NSF certified reverse flow smoker we designed this just for our friends up here in the North. We have 9 sizes available
20180802_180040.jpg
20180802_180040.jpg
20180802_180055.jpg
20180802_180055.jpg
!

Reactions: luvcatchingbass
Really nice looking smoker you've got there, but I don't think that firebox would last on our roads. It seems to sit pretty low to the ground.

Chris

Ya this customer has a high hitch so it dropped the back of the trailer a bit but drove from Moorhead Mn to Minneapolis 3.5 hrs and no problems. We mount the cookers this way for best ride and user ergonomics tow it like a lowrider and your good as gold or 316 stainless in this case :) oh we also weld and bolt a skip plate under just in case you bottom out. Plus this is a double wall 1/4" thick stainless it will eat roads like I eat ribs if it bottoms out. however thank you for the comment We have taken it in to consideration and lifted the smokers two more inches because we don't want it to eat roads :)

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky