Cabelas Commercial Grade Stuffer ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

poacherjoe

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 7, 2019
Central Ca
Anyone own this model and if so please give me the pros and cons of it?? I have an opportunity to purchase a 15 pound model for 150 dollars. I have used the standard 5 pound stuffer they sell and other that being small it worked very well. But the reviews from Cabelas on this model are very poor. 4 out of 6 users were very unhappy. Main complaint was the gasket and the plunger assembly not working properly! Research states that WESTON makes the Cabelas stuffer in China so I can understand the bad reviews.

Last edited:
I would imagine the complaints are because they are trying to make snack sticks(using a 3/8" or 1/2" tube).. the plunger and/or O-ring does not hold up in a stuffer bigger than a 5 lb'r when trying to make snack sticks... Thinking everything will be fine with a bigger stuffing tube ...

See what others have to say ...

I would imagine the complaints are because they are trying to make snack sticks(using a 3/8" or 1/2" tube).. the plunger and/or O-ring does not hold up in a stuffer bigger than a 5 lb'r when trying to make snack sticks... Thinking everything will be fine with a bigger stuffing tube ...

See what others have to say ...
19 reviews and the average rating is as low as it gets. I found a uTube video where a guy did a review of the stuffer and his assessment of it is right in line with the complaints. Biggest problem is that China makes it cheap. Metal is too thin and the company Blue Sky Origins Customer complaint hotline won't answer any questions. Bass Pro aka Cabelas has really gone down the tube in just about every Dept. Seems like nowadays everyone's reply is "Not My Job" talk to so in so . Well anyway I have decided to not waste my time on it and I will stick with my old Enterprise stuffer that's Made in the USA and still going strong, Just heavy

It may be worth looking at the Meat! brand of stuffer. https://www.meatyourmaker.com/proce...vertical-sausage-stuffer/1117077.html#start=1

I do not own the stuffer but I have the #32 grinder for my personal use and am very happy with it. I have a background as a butcher and have used quite an array of processing equipment. I have used Cabela's and LEM brand products in the past and will say the Meat! grinder outperforms on noise level, quality of grind, and quality of build. These are unfortunately manufactured over seas but customer service is based in Missouri and is great.

Reactions: poacherjoe
I couldn't doubt that all are made in China but you may have better luck with a Lem brand stuffer.

I took a chance and bought a 10L (22lb) stuffer off ebay that is built like a tank but is also from China (brand was Arksen). I would never attempt to stuff sticks in it and I discovered that it's a 2 man job to stuff sausage. 1 person to feed sausage and a strong individual to crank. I can bag ground meat solo with the largest tool but if I put any sausage stuffer tube of any kind on it well it becomes a 2 person job.

Unless you are going automatic stuffer, then I think a 5 pound stuffer (maybe a 7 pound Haka) will be what you want for sticks.
For 10lb or above I think you just get ready to turn your process into a 2 person job.
For a 15lb stuffer you should get ready to move around a large device and be able to store it.

I hop this info helps :)

I've had the Cabelas 20 pound commercial grade stuffer for 17-18 years, motorized. It has worked OK for me but I have to say I've really baby'd the stuffer gears, no snack stix or sheep casings. Years back I had a problem with the plunger seal and tried to contact Weston, worthless, and they no longer carry parts for the stuffer. My shoulders are in such a condition now I couldn't make sausage without the motorized unit. If I were a younger man I'd be looking at this F.Dick 12 lb stuffer, good quality and looks as tho it's built to last.

I agree with you 100% Ray ! I just don't want to throw that kind of money at the F-Dick stuffer. But I know a guy that has one and it works flawless. I have been circling overhead watching facebook and craigslist for one at the right price with no luck so far. The reviews for the Weston aka Cabelas commercial stuffer are lower than low so I can understand why this individual wants to get rid of it at such an affordable price. I have both the 4 and 8 quart Enterprise stuffers and the 4 works good for the snack sticks and the 8 is for fresh sausage and bologna but the unit is Heavy especially the 8 quart model. Who know's maybe I will get lucky and find an F Dick at the right price?? Tre Spade sounds like another strong possibility . Thanks for all your advice

Last edited:
Reactions: sawhorseray
I have the 15lb.vivo. Used it just 2 days ago to stuff 14 lbs. Of boudin .works like a charm. Seem to be built well. It's 2 speed so it's great when that is needed. Like others no snack stick! Use the 5 lbs one for that. Check it out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky