• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Buying a used meat slicer: what to look for?

xsists

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 24, 2009
I'm going to look at some used meat slicers in the next couple days. I am wondering if there is anything I should be looking for that would call off the deal. Just want to make sure I don't throw down the money on a commercial slicer to get it home and have to put more money into it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

shoneyboy

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 3, 2010
All I can say is, do not buy one of those $100.00 el-cheap-o models. I wasted my $$$ on one and it's was NOT worth it for what I wanted out if it...... Just my opinion.....ShoneyBoy

xsists

Smoke Blower
Joined Nov 24, 2009
I currently have an el cheapo old one now. The motor is pretty shot, barely will slice anything. I'm looking at a 12" Univex Boston slicer. Just wondering if there is anything I can look for before I agree to buy.

aeroforce100

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 31, 2009
Get one with a set of sharpening stones and at least a 10" blade 12" would be even better. Make sure the blade doesn't have any nicks. All Stainless steel is nice.  Make sure you hear it run while it is slicing something like a roast.  If it will slice cheese, that is a plus..  Bring someone to help you carry it to your vehicle.  Good ones are HEAVY!

Good luck in your search.  BTW what is your price range?

Last edited:

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.