Buttermilk Biscuits....easy!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
S-U-CC-E-SS...that's the way you spell SUCCESS!!!!!

I have never made biscuits this good!  I've tried a lot of recipes and they were never this easy and (when you use the right flour) this good!

As promised Lady Kat...

The maverick is monitoring my turkey breat "tenderloin"

With a little honey...so fluffy, tender, and delicious!!!!

Thanks for the recipe Kat...never made biscuits so quickly and easily....5 minute prep!! Awesome!!!!!!

Bill

They look really good! That is a good biscuit recipe 
smile.gif
   Now all you have to do is try to save a couple for when the turkey is done! 
biggrin.gif

Yes they are very good! and Easy too!

I am wondering though if I did something wrong or are they just like this but mine were very crumbly, I could hardly pick them up without them falling apart. Are they supposed to be like that and if so is there anything I can do to make them stiffer? I want to be able to make a sausage & cheese biscuit but I don't think I'll be able to hold these.

The flavor of them is Awesome though!!!

Hmmm...Mine came out perfect.  Not sure what happened.

I think they will be best for biscuits and gravy but if I want to make a sammich they will work for that too.

Steph just reminded me that when I was mixing up the dough I thought it was a little dry so I added more buttermilk!

Maybe you just didn't have enough moisture in the dough!?

Run through your process and let's see if we can figure it out....

Kat,,, you may need to weigh in here...

Bill

Last edited:
Bill, was your dough real sticky or was it more dry kind of like a bread dough? In Kat's picture it looks kind of wet maybe sticky, that's how mine looked but it was sticking all over my hands.

I did forget to drizzle oil over them before they went in the oven but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. 

Bill, was your dough real sticky or was it more dry kind of like a bread dough? In Kat's picture it looks kind of wet maybe sticky, that's how mine looked but it was sticking all over my hands.

I did forget to drizzle oil over them before they went in the oven but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. 
My dough was wet and sticky.  I did not touch the dough with my hands though, I used two spoons to put it in the pan.  I did smooth out the tops with the oil just like Kat said but I wouldn't think that would make a big difference.  I also added about 1/2 a TBS of oil to the batter along with a little extra buttermilk.

Maybe you just weren't holding your mouth right?!?  Okay experts....weigh in here....

Bill

Last edited:
Dave....sometimes they do crumble more than others. Its a weather thing I think! Could add a bit more flour...if they seem too wet. We eat crumbles and all. It gets easier each time you make it...and you can adjust the ingredients to your liking.

I am tickled that y'all are enjoying them! :yahoo:

From the pictures....y'all did great!!!!!!

Last edited:
Oh I did enjoy them and will enjoy then for breakfast tomorrow!

I don't mind the crumbles at all, I would just like them a little stiffer to make breakfast sammies to take to work.

Guess I just got to keep making them and eating them until i get it right and then keep eating some more!

That is what I do! They still stay softer than others for days. If they last that long! I put them in a zip lock bag after they cool off. Smells so good when they are baking too.

Kat,

I'll have to give this recipe a try...my mother and grandfather (religious cornbread and biscuit makers from North Carolina) swear by White Lily Flour and Corn Meal.

I've never tried my cast iron for biscuits, I use AP flour and add 4 heaping tablespoons of baking power along with crisco, salt and butter milk (milk with a little lemon juice or vinegar works as a substitute) and a 2.5" biscuit cutter, baked at 500degs these rise from about .5" to well over 2"-2.5" with a golden brown top. I usually use elk breakfast sausage and make a sausage gravy, but the kids like with them with honey or butter and jelly/jam!

Thanks,

Brett

This is Lodge biscuit pan that we picked from Sportsmans Wharehouse. They are no longer in business. I believe that you can find them any where that sells lodge cast iron.

Dennis

This is Lodge biscuit pan that we picked from Sportsmans Wharehouse. They are no longer in business. I believe that you can find them any where that sells lodge cast iron.

Dennis
Walmart sells the pre-seasoned ones.  I think you can find some of them at the places like Ace Hardware...and I know that Amazon carries them.

Doing the Sunday Happy Dance!  I am go happy yall are enjoying them!  Recipes are meant for sharing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky