Buttermilk Adobo Chicken Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dj mishima

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 8, 2011
Canton, MI
I had some leftover pasilla guajillo adobo left in the freezer from when I did a whole bird. However, it was not enough to marinade very much on its own. So, I decided to experiment a bit.

Here's 3 breasts and 3 tenders soaked in buttermilk and adobo with a few healthy squirts of Sriracha. Marinated for around 13 hours. I don't know why, but the colors were not showing up well on my phone today.
20191121_141815.jpg

Tenders finished before the breasts
20191121_143912.jpg

Breasts 20191121_150455.jpg

These turned out great! I'll try this again next time. Perhaps with some minor tweaks. For one, I didn't oil my grates well enough. Some chicken was sacrificed. Also, I might try to marinade even longer. As I have noticed that some recipes say to marinade in buttermilk up to 24 hours(one even recommended 2 days.) If I can spare it, I might try to reserve some marinade before adding it to the chicken for a sauce. I felt bad dumping all of the excess marinade out. But, I mixed it all in the bag with the chicken this time. Finally, I will probably tweak the adobo recipe a bit since I don't think I have enough pasilla chiles left to make another batch.

Thanks for looking!

Reactions: xray and jcam222
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky