Butter chicken and chicken vindaloo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
The last few meals I’ve done focused on simple composition and flavors. I decided it was time to amp it up with some Indian food. Fiery hot chicken vindaloo, rich creamy butter chicken, cilantro cauliflower rice and some keto naan bread. Awesome throwback to great times in Toronto where I was first exposed to Indian flavors. Plated up just butter chicken for my wife since the vindaloo is too spicy for her taste. Some of both for me. All keto as usual.
FFDD9665-B565-4A6D-B162-67D629752124.jpeg
C31D6D01-0312-4C2A-BA97-B59EDD2BF122.jpeg
B8466BE1-2ED9-440F-AAB0-0A78926B4E41.jpeg
FE62CD25-827D-4A79-B055-729A02E66C5F.jpeg
C9B5A412-923C-4CF3-A23A-220CCF029580.jpeg

The last few meals I’ve done focused on simple composition and flavors. I decided it was time to amp it up with some Indian food. Fiery hot chicken vindaloo, rich creamy butter chicken, cilantro cauliflower rice and some keto naan bread. Awesome throwback to great times in Toronto where I was first exposed to Indian flavors. Plated up just butter chicken for my wife since the vindaloo is too spicy for her taste. Some of both for me. All keto as usual. View attachment 492272View attachment 492273View attachment 492274View attachment 492275View attachment 492276
That's rock star stuff right there... care to share recipes?

Reactions: jcam222
Thanks for the like jcam it is appreciated.

How did you do in the contest?

Warren
I finished in the top 2% nationally but was ultimately eliminated. It was fun and pushed me to keep working to improve.

MARINADE:
1 cup Full-fat Greek yogurt
6 cloves Garlic (minced)
2 tsp Garam masala
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Dark Chili powder
Marinate 2 lb Chicken thighs overnight in this mixture. Next up is the sauce 1/4 cup Butter
1/2 large Onion minced
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
20 oz Tomato sauce
3/4 cup Heavy cream
2 tbsp Garam masala
1 tbsp Cumin
1 tsp Ground ginger
1 tsp Chili powder Sauté the onion in the butter until translucent. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes. Pull the chicken out of the yogurt marinade and cube. Some of the yogurt will stick to the chicken which is fine. Add the chicken to the sauce and simmer 10-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked and the sauce thickens. Note if you want a nice orange color like butter chicken from the restaurants add 1-2,tbsp each of paprika and turmeric to the sauce. Also note I add extra garam masala as I like a good strong flavor. Also I did not note salt for the sauce. Salt it to taste.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky