Taco Stuffed Avocados: Fun, Messy, And Delish (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I really need to look into the avocado thing. I love it in sushi. But in dressing. Like guacamole. Not so much. Maybe it was just the way it was prepared.

That looks awesome. This after a stuffed zucchini thread is gonna push me to action.
Thanks very much. Sounds like you need to get busy :emoji_wink:
Anyone remember the avocados from Mexico first draft ever commercial?
Yes, I remember it. That commercial is a big part of my decision to divorce national TV all together. I have not seen a commercial for 4 or 5 years now and don't miss them a bit.

Robert

Man I would definitely devour some of those. Tacos in an avocado with jalapeno ranch is FLAVORTOWN
Thanks Jeff!! It certainly was a flavorful meal meal that was enjoyed all around. I could see you doing up a few hundred of these :emoji_wink:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: jcam222
Hey Robert, what a nice cool and very yummy taco twist that befits the weather! Definitely got to try this as the wife truly loves avocados. Just got to pull together some sort of taco seasoning she'll like.

Thanks very much. Sounds like you need to get busy :emoji_wink:

Yes, I remember it. That commercial is a big part of my decision to divorce national TV all together. I have not seen a commercial for 4 or 5 years now and don't miss them a bit.

Robert
Holy guacamole, I laughed my butt off, but don't remember it being that bad. Now, that said I cut the cord almost a decade ago for my own reasons and watched that video via the internet. Cheers!

Wow Robert that's another MUST TRY meal 😍. We love avocados and guac and that looks delicious....and messy 😅.

Keith

As most of you know, and most of you are experiencing, it has just been blazing hot recently. We've seen temps as high as 118 degrees on the pool deck in the direct afternoon sun. That kind of heat makes one want to enjoy cool, refreshing meals that require little or no time cooking outside. This is a crazy idea I came up with a week or so ago hanging out in the pool with the ever-present margarita. A couple different variations ran through that twisted mind of mine but I ultimately decided on this one. Got everything prepped and ready early afternoon yesterday in case I had issues with the avocados, which is all too common for me. From there it all went into the fridge till later, just before supper time. Gut feeling tells me that our good friend Brian ( BrianGSDTexoma BrianGSDTexoma ) might possibly get a kick out of this one :emoji_wink:

Start out cooking the ground beef and season it up with my taco seasoning.
View attachment 671967

The avocados, skin and pits removed. I took a spoon and enlarged the cavity so it'd hold more meat. This is just before assembling them and one of the avocados darkened a bit while in the fridge. I cleaned it up before building the final meal.
View attachment 671968

Lettuce, tomato, and onion.
View attachment 671969

This is the creamy jalapeno ranch sauce I stole from John ( @SmokinVOLfan ) a few years ago. This stuff is amazing!!
View attachment 671970

Time to start the build. Load the avocados full of taco meat. Kind of a blurry pic. Not so sure about this new phone just yet.
View attachment 671971

Pile on as much cheese as you can. Lost a lot on the plate but it'l get eaten later :emoji_wink:
View attachment 671972

Lettuce, tomato, and onions next.
View attachment 671973

A nice drizzle of the jalapeno ranch sauce. Another blurry pic.
View attachment 671974

Plated up with some Mexican rice and it's time to eat.
View attachment 671975

This is where things start getting messy. Sliced shot.
View attachment 671976

And of course....you guessed it David ( @DRKsmoking ) :emoji_laughing:
View attachment 671977

Yep, it's kinda freaky, bizarre, sloppy, and just a mess but believe it or not, these were really good!! All of the components were chilled so it was a cool and refreshing meal. Although not a "flavor bomb" this dinner certainly did not lack for flavor. All of the ingredients melded together to create a very nice combination of flavors, complexity, and textural components. All in all a successful experiment. I've developed a propensity recently for posting ugly meals, this one included, and the only reason I'm posting this is to possibly give somebody else an idea for some sort of variation they might like to try. It is somewhat creative as far as I know. Never seen anything like this done before.

Oh well, I'm done. About time for a cold barley pop and a trip to the pool. Y'all have a great weekend and see everybody soon.

Robert
Nice job, Robert! I hear you on the heat. We have been looking for the same type of refreshing meals as well. Can you share the recipe for the creamy jalapeño ranch? I did a search but couldn’t find it.

Fred

Nice job, Robert! I hear you on the heat. We have been looking for the same type of refreshing meals as well. Can you share the recipe for the creamy jalapeño ranch? I did a search but couldn’t find it.

Fred
I had just asked on a previous thread. Here it is:

Heck yeah Robert. I would devour them! I been putting off doing a post from Gonna Smoke Gonna Smoke for
Grilled Pork Tenderloin w/Blueberry Gastrique... because just not wanting to get grill going in this heat. Now it suppose to get even hotter! Thinking of going with the Ninja! Might have to take a break from the river this week as going to be 106 most the week and the lake has turned over and river to nasty to swim in now! It is Gretchen's happy place and going to be hard on her. She does so much better when out there.

Last edited:
Looks really good Robert! I'm not a avocado fan. But, I'd try this.
Thanks buddy. This one was fun....a lot of fun. I can understand why some folks aren't into the avocados but we love them. Cool, fresh, creamy, and tasty.

Robert

We love Avacodos around here. I guessw since they are grown out here we are just use to eating them all our lives. That meal does look great.
I do envy you. Growing up in VA we didn't see avocados except in the boring Mexican chain restaurants. I sure wish I'd have been exposed to them earlier in life. Oh well, make the best of it with the time I have left :emoji_wink:

Robert

Robert,

That looks Amazing!! I would polish that off in no time!! I like the cool temp for a nice meal on a hot day!!
Thank you for the kind words. Your Poke bowls sound fantastic!!! I could see myself making them and having a blast. Problem is that Tracy can't do anything fish or seafood so that makes things kinda tough for me.

Robert

Reactions: Redicans
Sir Robert,

That looks delicious and is very creative! My hat is off to you, Sir!
Thanks so much my friend. The kind words are appreciated. Hopefully things will cool down at some point and we can see some more of the amazing things you turn out. Man, I've missed your posts. Those 2 minute steaks (or whatever they were :emoji_laughing: ) that you posted looked fantastic...as usual. I may be tossing some small steaks in a hot CI skillet today. Just too darned hot outside....again.

Robert

Anyone got a link to the creamy jalapeños sauce?
This was posted in a previous thread that you may have missed. Pretty simple stuff but OMG it is fantastic.

Thanks everybody for the kind words. Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 cup of mayo
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh cilantro
1/3 cup diced green chilies
1/3 - 1/2 cup diced seeded/veined jalapeno
1 packet dry ranch mix
2 TBS Fajita rub

I never have the green chilies, fresh cilantro, or the buttermilk on hand. Instead of the chilies I use dried jalapeno powder and I use heavy cream ILO the buttermilk, and dried cilantro. It re-hydrates pretty quickly and works out ok. The fajita seasoning adds a ton of flavor and that is a recipe I put together several years ago. If any of y'all would like that also, just say the word.

Robert

Looks great Robert, thought you were going to get a close up shot, Lol
Thanks buddy. The kind words are appreciated. Apologies though. I meant to get a close up shot, honest I did. Guess I overlooked it in my quest to eat :emoji_laughing:
I like some others am really not a fan of Avocado, just not my thing ( I think maybe too healthy )
But I would scoop out the fixings from 3 or 4 of them.
Looks and sounds amazing, as always
Nothing at all wrong with just tacos on the plate. We do those a LOT. It's Tracy's second favtite food behing hamburgers. Quick, simple, and delicious.

Robert

Reactions: DRKsmoking
I really need to look into the avocado thing. I love it in sushi. But in dressing. Like guacamole. Not so much.
We do guac a lot around here but honestly, I prefer just to have sliced avocados...or in this case, whole ones :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Steve H
Hey Robert, what a nice cool and very yummy taco twist that befits the weather! Definitely got to try this as the wife truly loves avocados. Just got to pull together some sort of taco seasoning she'll like.
Thanks so much Matt. If she likes avocados, she'd love these. Have you seen or tried the taco seasoning I put together a few years ago? A lot of folks here have adopted it and use the stuff regularly. I'll happily post it if you'd like to check it out. honestly, the best taco seasoning we have ever had.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky