• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

butt only at 124-130

bagbeard

Meat Mopper
Joined May 24, 2013
im cooking a 9 1/2 lb boston butt and after 4 hours only at 124-130.  yesterday i cooked one and at this point it was at 142F.  a lot windier today.

do i need to worry??

bigtrain74

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 23, 2009
I would not worry, especially if you notice its much windier today than yesterday. Just let the baby go. Try not to peek! :)

redneck69

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 26, 2010
wind and cold will suck the heat out of your smoker, even with the door closed, try and build a wind break around it....plus each chunk of meat has a mind of its own, some will have a major stall others will glide right thru it while smoking...be patient, it will be fine

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Unless you injected it, inserted the probe too soon, or otherwise modified the structure of the "intact muscle", you should be fine.

Good luck and good smoking.

venture

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 1, 2008
Finish it.

Pass me a plate!

Good luck and good smoking.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
You got good info from Merv, enjoy the Pork...JJ

bagbeard

Meat Mopper
Joined May 24, 2013
thanks all

meat at 198 about to pull it off.  waiting on those last few degrees seems to take an eternity !!

come on out to our event. there will be 20 lbs of pulled pork goodness in scotland ontario

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.