butt only at 124-130

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bagbeard

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 24, 2013
Scotland, Ontario, Canada
im cooking a 9 1/2 lb boston butt and after 4 hours only at 124-130.  yesterday i cooked one and at this point it was at 142F.  a lot windier today.

do i need to worry??

I would not worry, especially if you notice its much windier today than yesterday. Just let the baby go. Try not to peek! :)

wind and cold will suck the heat out of your smoker, even with the door closed, try and build a wind break around it....plus each chunk of meat has a mind of its own, some will have a major stall others will glide right thru it while smoking...be patient, it will be fine

Unless you injected it, inserted the probe too soon, or otherwise modified the structure of the "intact muscle", you should be fine.

Good luck and good smoking.

You got good info from Merv, enjoy the Pork...JJ

thanks all

meat at 198 about to pull it off.  waiting on those last few degrees seems to take an eternity !!

come on out to our event. there will be 20 lbs of pulled pork goodness in scotland ontario

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky