Burnt ends...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slugdog

Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Did Jeff's recipe for chuck burnt ends this last Saturday for my grand daughter's birthday.  Used my rub and sauce, and they turned out GREAT!!!  Had 6 pounds when finished, 7 "diners", and they vanished!  I was hoping some would be left for Sunday...  That'll be a new staple to my repertoire...  
grilling_smilie.gif

Last edited:
I'm real glad to hear the burnt ends turned out so well.

Too bad you didn't get the chance to take some pics.

Al

Sorry about no picture!  I now realize that is a cardinal sin...  won't happen again!  Ok, I procured 2 3.5 lb chuck roasts from Best Meats in Temple, Texas.  It's a bbq place that also sells meat.  Best meat around these parts.  put 'em in a Rubbermaid container, poured a cup of Worcestershire Sauce {Lea & Perrins} and liberally shook my dry rub over 'em.  Then I made about 10 or12 1-2" cuts half way through the meat, and slowly poured another 1/2 cup of Worcestershire over it.  Marinaded it for 10 hours in the fridge.  Cranked up the Masterbuilt to 240 & put 'em in at 10pm.  Got up at 4am, added another load of chips {hickory} and let 'em smoke until 6am, by which time they had reached 190 degrees.  Brought 'em in, cut 'em up in bite sized pieces, put 'em in a disposable roasting pan, soaked 'em with my bbq sauce, a vinegar based sauce, sprinkled a little more rub on 'em for good measure & stuck 'em back in the smoker for another 2 hours.  They turned out slap-your-momma good!  No one touched the potato salad or coleslaw until the meat was gone!        

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky