Burnt End Meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GetSmokedMN

Original poster
Mar 28, 2018
Southern Minnesota
Probably an odd question but has anyone ever used or heard of anyone using something other thank brisket for burnt ends? Would there be a comparable cut of beef to try it with?

I did some with Boneless country style ribs? Jeff's recipe index has a few other ways in them listed. I seen a few folk using chuck roasts too IIRC.

Chuck makes a good burnt end so does pork belly.

Chris

The flat doesn't have enough fat in it to use for burnt ends.
But a chuck roast is perfect, as is pork belly.
Al

Probably an odd question but has anyone ever used or heard of anyone using something other thank brisket for burnt ends? Would there be a comparable cut of beef to try it with?
I have made burnt ends twice with Chuck roast .Today I did two chuck roast and followed Jeff's recipe where you marinade the meat first ,I'm sure you can find the recipe ,but it really turned out great ,my wife was enjoying it as much as I was . That temp has to reach 190 internal before coming off and getting cut up ,then after all cut up and you add more sauce it gets covered and back on the grill for two more hours at 240 degrees . Well I didn't go the full two hr.'s I think it was one hr. and about 35 minutes . Sorry I didn't take any pictures.

Another vote for pork belly here. I just can’t bring myself to sacrifice a point but Costco sells pre sliced belly that works perfectly.

I’ve down real burnt ends, which are epic but a ton of work. Tired a chuck or pot roast once and they were pretty blah. Did pork belly once and they were great cooking method needed some work but your basically eating super good bacon

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky