Burning a Hole in My Pocket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've had the Hatsan for many years with no issues. Guess I got lucky.
Hatsan used to be great all of the time, them Turks can build some really nice stuff.
But if you bought within the last five years, like I said quality control has been slipping.
I had issues straight out of the box.

Of course there are some people saying the same thing about Diana, the they're letting it slip a little bit too.
I shall see here soon.

Everybody trying to cut costs and anyway they can.
I'm willing to pay more for something that's high quality.

Reactions: drdon
Buy few parts and build rotisserie then spend rest on air rifle to use on things for rotisserie.

Skip the Amazon POS Rotisserie and get the Gun. Save your egg money and get, what I think is much nicer Rotisserie! It's more Hvy Duty and more, accessories like the animal leg brackets, for similar money. Has Free Shipping and Carry Case...JJ

https://www.charotis.com/model-tsc1.html
Well, just considering the motor on this one is head and shoulders over the other, I may have to pinch my pocket change for a little while.

I really want one of their Pig Roasters. The problem is we don't have those kinds of big parties anymore. I guess it don't take too many folks to eat a 25-30 lb Suckling Pig...JJ

chef jimmy, Just think of what can be done with all the left overs. I think it would make awesome ham soup.

Chile-I'd get BOTH! When they arrive and the wife asks WTF, you can simply say oops. I put one in the cart, went back to shopping and decided on the other. But I forgot to take the first one out of the cart when I ordered.
Trust me it works.....well the first time it did.:emoji_grimacing: She caught on pretty quick.
Don

:emoji_unamused: Never let your wife find out you've been hoarding gift cards from your hotel's loyalty program, and have a $500. Amazon gift card balance.
All the sudden your account is a joint account and she has a list of things the house could use.
Pots/pans
Dinnerware
Bath towels
Bed sheets

Say it with me guys,
"If mama ain't happy, nobody's happy."

So we a new set of Calphalon non-stick cookware on it's way.

:emoji_unamused: Never let your wife find out you've been hoarding gift cards from your hotel's loyalty program, and have a $500. Amazon gift card balance.
All the sudden your account is a joint account and she has a list of things the house could use.
Pots/pans
Dinnerware
Bath towels
Bed sheets

Say it with me guys,

There goes the air rifle!

Reactions: drdon
Went that route, and after burning through multiple sets of expensive non-stick pans, I replaced all our pans with cast iron against my wife's wishes. To our surprise, after they're well seasoned, they're actually more non-stick than the teflon coated pans that cost twice as much. They'll last a hundred years if cared for and the food tastes better out of them. Now she'd sell a kidney before one of her cast irons.

Also, I vote air rifle.

Last edited:
Or you could spin that saying.
I bring home the bacon so she can fry it up in a pan.
If poppa ain't happy= no bacon for the pan.
No bacon= no pork'in and momma loves pork'in.

Pots/pans
Dinnerware
Bath towels
Bed sheets

Say it with me guys,

I want new pots, towels, sheets, dinnerware...filmed in Johns backyard. When his wife found out about the gift cards.

Chris

Reactions: chilerelleno
LMAO!
You'll notice I got the pots/pans, I'll get as much or more use out of them as she will.
Bought a really nice set of Cuisinart stainless steel not too long ago, but for some reason I can't get it through her head that they need to be seasoned just like cast iron.

Reactions: gmc2003
We got a set of Rever-ware SS pans back in '85 when we got married. They get used almost daily and still look and function like new. Enjoy the pans they'll probably outlive you.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
SEE... (say this real fast) "Youshouldaalloveryourself" ... Shoulda bought the rifle instead of procrastinating ... I have a safety reward prepaid credit card from work that has about the same amount.. she knows NOTHING about it... LOL ...

SEE... (say this real fast) "Youshouldaalloveryourself" ... Shoulda bought the rifle instead of procrastinating ... I have a safety reward prepaid credit card from work that has about the same amount.. she knows NOTHING about it... LOL ...
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I did procrastinate hoping for a Labor Day sale.
Mama caught me window shopping and asked where it was coming out of the budget.... I can't just lie to her face.

Reactions: Ben58
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky