Burning a Hole in My Pocket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Gotta jump in. Kid you not had 2 birds pecking at my window for weeks straight this past spring. Sh** everywhere and pecking freaked family out. Borrowed Dad's pellet rifle and was junk. Seriously need a pest/varmint air gun and need recommendations.

Gotta jump in. Kid you not had 2 birds pecking at my window for weeks straight this past spring. Sh** everywhere and pecking freaked family out. Borrowed Dad's pellet rifle and was junk. Seriously need a pest/varmint air gun and need recommendations.

What is your budget?
Is birds all, or do you want to be able to handle pests such as squirrels and rabbits?
Do you have neighbors close by, will noise be an issue?
Do you have a preferred power source, spring, gas piston, multi-pump, CO2 or other?

Last edited:
1000 fps---That's moving!!!
However;
If I was younger & in better shape, I'd go for the Open Fire Rotisserie!!

Bear

Skip the Amazon POS Rotisserie and get the Gun. Save your egg money and get, what I think is much nicer Rotisserie! It's more Hvy Duty and more, accessories like the animal leg brackets, for similar money. Has Free Shipping and Carry Case...JJ

https://www.charotis.com/model-tsc1.html

Would you just buy both and get it over with . Use the gun to keep the varmints off the roto .

had a buddy that had a roto like that . It sat low to the ground . Built the fire on the ground surrounded by bricks . It was pretty cool . He used to do whole lamb cooks at the end of baseball season for the boys .

If those were my 2 options I would vote air rifle.

NOW, a completely unsexy option would be to save those gift cards for black friday - cyber monday weekend and buy as many Christmas gifts as you can and avoid coming out of pocket... but that is just the fiscally responsible nerd in me talking hahahaha :)

If you don't already have one, a single stage reloading press would be a nice option as well along with some dies and components to help you keep hunting and firing more often and as accurately as possible :D

Reactions: Fueling Around
How about a new smoker or grill? I just got a flat top griddle over the weekend and its kicking ass so far
Your post reminded me that I need to replace a few parts on my grill.
Just ordered.

Grill Parts Kit for Charbroil 463241013, 463241313, 463241314, 463241413, 463241414, 466241013, 466241313, 466241413 - Tube Burner, Heat Plates, Burner Electrode & Crossover

Mercy me, maybe you'd be money ahead to buy a whole new unit.
$40.00
No, I spent a good deal of money on that grill.
If I only have to drop $40. here, a $100. there, every couple of years, then I'm coming out of head by far.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky