Burning a Hole in My Pocket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
So I have a hell of a lot of Amazon gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.

I could choose from a whole bunch of little stuff, $50. here, a $100 there.

Or I could aim for some of the big items that I've been wanting for a while.
I've been wanting an open fire rotisserie kit.
I'd set it up over a split 55 gallon drum for a fire pit.

Or I've been wanting to upgrade my collection of pellet rifles.
Diana 350 N-TEC Magnum Premium Air Rifle air Rifle.

I just can't make up my mind.

My vote is on the air rifle.

If you entertain or cook for an army I could see the rotisserie getting a lot of use.

If you were my neighbor, I would say get the rotisserie hands down! Lol

Reactions: drdon
I could aim
There it is . I'm reading thru the lines . Sub conscious thought right there bud .
Air rifle it is ! LOL .
I have a cheaper Beeman with 2 barrles . .177 and .22 . That thing is no joke .
Enjoy which ever , ya know we deserve things once in awhile .

I know, it's a BIG rotisserie.
I could spin at least 3 turkeys on that sucker, or a nice pig up to 50lbs really easily.
But it really would only see use on holidays or for parties.

The air rifle on the other hand is a really nice piece of German craftsmanship, pretty powerful and very accurate.
And if one entertains fancies of SHTF, several thousand pellets is pretty darn compact and lightweight.... Plus it's quiet.

Last edited:
There it is . I'm reading thru the lines . Sub conscious thought right there bud .
Air rifle it is ! LOL .
I have a cheaper Beeman with 2 barrles . .177 and .22 . That thing is no joke .
Enjoy which ever , ya know we deserve things once in awhile .
Then you've the Beeman RS2 Sportsman, I've one too. Accurate to 25 yards or more and an accomplished squirrel killer.
I also have a couple other Springer's, this one is a Gas Piston, better than a Springer.
LOL... A Freudian slip of my subconscious desires.

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
I perked up when I read a BB gun drops a sow. My pump Daisy BB gun doesn’t do that.

I kinda want one now too :emoji_blush:

If your that undecided... just slip them into my account... I'm wanting a stereo console (under roof) and dash for my golf cart... LOL...

I still have my Daisy Model 881 that my parents gave me when I was 10. That thing was a blackbird killing machine. It won't take down down a sow, but that's what my Remmy 552 Speedmaster 22LR is for.

Hey Chili, you ought to think about a .410 Snakecharmer!

Reactions: Winterrider
Hey Chili, you ought to think about a .410 Snakecharmer!
[Homie the Clown voice] "Amazon don't play that!"

I've plenty of firearms and ammo.
What the news calls an arsenal, stockpile or a cache of weapons, I laugh at.
Hmmmm, save up some more gift cards And I can start looking at Trijicon or Aimpoint optics.

If Choice Hotels will just run another Stay Two Nights, Get a $50. Gift Card promo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 73saint
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky