Burning a Hole in My Pocket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ar.jpg
I went with this one instead. Benjamin Jim Shockey steel eagle.
.22 cal at 1100 fpm should really have a punch! That is pretty close to the speed of a 22 rimfire round. I'll probably get a trigger kit to lighten the pull. And more then likely a different scope.

Last edited:
Reactions: forktender
Man they sure have come a long way since the days of my old 1970's Sheridan Blue Streak Rifle with the Williams peep sights. I killed everything with that old gun from cottontails, Jack's and bobcats to every bird in the sky. I got it as a Christmas present from my mom and dad in 1972. I've rebuilt it twice. That is one gun that I wouldn't even think about selling. Right now it's over my parents house, my dad has shooting possums, moles, rats and squirrels with it.
I need to get it back, my apple trees are loaded and every critter known to man in the area had been stealing my apples. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Give us a report on how your new toy works out for you.

Buy a tin of these they are amazing.
81eCtHsT%2BCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Man they sure have come a long way since the days of my old 1970's Sheridan Blue Streak Rifle with the Williams peep sights. I killed everything with that old gun from cottontails, Jack's and bobcats to every bird in the sky. I got it as a Christmas present from my mom and dad in 1972. I've rebuilt it twice. That is one gun that I wouldn't even think about selling. Right now it's over my parents house, my dad has shooting possums, moles, rats and squirrels with it.
I need to get it back, my apple trees are loaded and every critter known to man in the area had been stealing my apples. :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

Give us a report on how your new toy works out for you.

Buy a tin of these they are amazing.
81eCtHsT%2BCL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

LOL---First thing that comes to mind when I look at that Picture----If you shoot yourself in the foot, you can remove it with a Phillips Screwdriver???

Bear

Man they sure have come a long way since the days of my old 1970's Sheridan Blue Streak Rifle

Still got one too. Its never been apart but still shoots great. Love that thing! Shot many critters with it. Very accurate and deadly. I always wanted to put a scope on it but never did. They are collectors now...

Got the air rifle and some different pellets. Including a tin of the ones that forktender forktender suggested. I'm going to use the crosman hollow points to sight in most of the way. Then the Baracudas to dial in the rest of the way. A friend of mine has a ballistic chronograph. So I did a few random shots with these pellets to see exactly what I'm getting for speed.
With the Crosman premier hollow points I'm averaging 975 fpm. These are 14.3 grain.
Next up was some alloy pellets. My friend, who also hunts with a air rifle at times gave me a few of the Gamo luxor Cu sharp pyramid alloy hunting pellets.
These babies zing. I got 1050 fps with these.
And with the Baracudas I saw lower speed due to the weight. Still it put out 890 fps. But, I bet the impact is brutal with these. On my next day off I'll be going to the range to sight it in. The only thing that ticked me off was that I bought this online at the best price I could find. I should have researched this better. It came from a store in Michigan. That states prohibits suppressors. So it got removed and a blank was put in.

i know i am late to this party, i love airgunning also, mostly bb guns to plink in the back yard and kill feral beer cans, here is my latest toy, full auto bb gun....is a freakin blast to shoot, crosman bushmaster.
View attachment 408220

Cute! I could see that being fun.
Does the big Magazine serve a purpose (BB Storage), or is it just for looks?

Bear

I was doing some research on that as well. The mag holds the bb's and the two CO2 cartridges

OK Thanks!!
That pic brought back memories:
The M16, in 1969 had a magazine that stuck out the bottom only slightly---Maybe an inch or so, by memory, so you could lay on the ground real tight to fire it.

Contrast that with the AK47, the VietCong carried, which stuck out at least as much as that Toy Weapon above does. This meant that to fire the AK47 from the prone position, one would have to either hold it sideways or stick one's head way up in the air to look through the sights, exposing the upper body to the American with the M16.

What's the Price on that toy?
On Edit----Looks like about $200.

Bear

Last edited:
OK Thanks!!
That pic brought back memories:
The M16, in 1969 had a magazine that stuck out the bottom only slightly---Maybe an inch or so, by memory, so you could lay on the ground real tight to fire it.

Contrast that with the AK47, the VietCong carried, which stuck out at least as much as that Toy Weapon above does. This meant that to fire the AK47 from the prone position, one would have to either hold it sideways or stick one's head way up in the air to look through the sights, exposing the upper body to the American with the M16.

What's the Price on that toy?
On Edit----Looks like about $200.

Bear

They didn't have a 30 round clip back in your time for the M16? Although I do like this bb gun. I wouldn't use it anywhere other then the local gun range. Just to easy to confuse with the real thing.

They didn't have a 30 round clip back in your time for the M16? Although I do like this bb gun. I wouldn't use it anywhere other then the local gun range. Just to easy to confuse with the real thing.

At that time, we had plastic 20 round Mags.
Yes it does look a little too real !!

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky