Burger Buns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's about perfect! Weather wise it would be a great day for it!

Ryan

Saved by the bun . Had some sloppy Joe's planned for supper last night . Went to the pantry and found I needed some buns . So I figured I'd mix up some of these . Time was tight so I used the oven to force the rise .
Good start . Came away from the bowl clean .
20220921_164305.jpg
Balled up and spritzed with cooking spray .
20220921_164509.jpg
Punched down the first rise , and grabbed 3 -2 oz. pieces and balled them up .
Let them rise in the oven .
20220921_174149.jpg
Baked these in the 360 air fryer at 325 . Brushed with butter when they came out .
20220921_175902.jpg
sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray these came out perfect . They're so darn good .
20220921_181728.jpg
I have the rest in the fridge to bake for rolls tonight . Can't make them to soon or I'll eat them all .

There's a blast from the past, nice piece of work Rich! I'm still making a batch every 6-8 weeks, can't have a burger and not have a good bun. The guy who gave me the original recipe turned 82 a couple weeks back, a carpenter from Maryland. Met him on a sausage making forum over 20 years ago, still stay in touch, likes my jokes. RAY

There's a blast from the past, nice piece of work Rich! I'm still making a batch every 6-8 weeks, can't have a burger and not have a good bun. The guy who gave me the original recipe turned 82 a couple weeks back, a carpenter from Maryland. Met him on a sausage making forum over 20 years ago, still stay in touch, likes my jokes. RAY
Ray, that is so awesome you guys still stay in touch!!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Good to see an older post get bumped!
I totally missed this originally. I've only recently gotten into bread making and am going to give this recipe a go.
Bookmarked!
I'm not much of a baker, bread maker...but if I can do it, anyone can!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Dan , it's a good one . I looked through the one you did back in January . I missed it as well .
I'd forgotten about that! They were tasty but not as soft as I like.
Maybe the eggs in the recipe will turn the trick. As soon as I use up the "Ball Park" store bought I'll try it....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky