Burger Buns

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's about perfect! Weather wise it would be a great day for it!

Ryan

Saved by the bun . Had some sloppy Joe's planned for supper last night . Went to the pantry and found I needed some buns . So I figured I'd mix up some of these . Time was tight so I used the oven to force the rise .
Good start . Came away from the bowl clean .
20220921_164305.jpg
Balled up and spritzed with cooking spray .
20220921_164509.jpg
Punched down the first rise , and grabbed 3 -2 oz. pieces and balled them up .
Let them rise in the oven .
20220921_174149.jpg
Baked these in the 360 air fryer at 325 . Brushed with butter when they came out .
20220921_175902.jpg
sawhorseray sawhorseray Ray these came out perfect . They're so darn good .
20220921_181728.jpg
I have the rest in the fridge to bake for rolls tonight . Can't make them to soon or I'll eat them all .

There's a blast from the past, nice piece of work Rich! I'm still making a batch every 6-8 weeks, can't have a burger and not have a good bun. The guy who gave me the original recipe turned 82 a couple weeks back, a carpenter from Maryland. Met him on a sausage making forum over 20 years ago, still stay in touch, likes my jokes. RAY

There's a blast from the past, nice piece of work Rich! I'm still making a batch every 6-8 weeks, can't have a burger and not have a good bun. The guy who gave me the original recipe turned 82 a couple weeks back, a carpenter from Maryland. Met him on a sausage making forum over 20 years ago, still stay in touch, likes my jokes. RAY
Ray, that is so awesome you guys still stay in touch!!

Reactions: sawhorseray
Good to see an older post get bumped!
I totally missed this originally. I've only recently gotten into bread making and am going to give this recipe a go.
Bookmarked!
I'm not much of a baker, bread maker...but if I can do it, anyone can!

Ryan

Reactions: sawhorseray
Dan , it's a good one . I looked through the one you did back in January . I missed it as well .
I'd forgotten about that! They were tasty but not as soft as I like.
Maybe the eggs in the recipe will turn the trick. As soon as I use up the "Ball Park" store bought I'll try it....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky