Buckburgers & Buck-a-Roni

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Buckburgers & Buck-a-Roni

Weather was too nasty for this Old Bear to venture out, so some more indoor cooking was the plan.

So Mrs Bear got two packs of last year’s Deerburger out of the Deep Freeze for some “Buck-a-Roni” (2016 deer was a 8 Point Buck).

Two packs was a little much (3 pounds) for a Pot of Buck-a-Roni, so I decided to make a few Cheese BuckBurgers but all we had was 3 leftover Hot Dog Rolls.
So I made the Burgers shaped a little better for Hot Dog Rolls, and got rid of the Hot Dog Rolls.

BTW: Our Deerburger is always a mixture of 50% Venison, 25% Pork, and 25% Beef.

Then Mrs Bear went to work on the rest of the meat & made a Big Pot of Buck-a-Roni.
Once she was done, all I had to do was add a few squirts of Frank’s Hot Sauce to my Bowls.

So the first night I had two BuckBurgers in Hot Dog Rolls, then the second night was One Burger & some Buck-a-Roni, and from then on was Buck-a-Roni until it was all gone—A couple more Suppers & Lunches.

I’m ready for Spring Thaw Right Now!!!

Bear

2 packs of Deerburger from 2016 8-Point Buck:
IMG_1731.jpg

3 Patties made to fit inside Leftover Hot Dog Rolls:
IMG_1732.jpg

Ketchup & Mustard on Rolls:
IMG_1734.jpg

I almost forgot how much juicier Pan Fried Burgers are than Grilled Burgers:
IMG_1735.jpg

Two Burgers with Melted Cheese:
IMG_1736.jpg

Close 'em up & add some Pickle Chips:
IMG_1737.jpg

Next Night Mrs Bear's pot of "Buck-a-Roni":
IMG_1738.jpg

Bear's first Plate:
IMG_1739.jpg

And Another BuckBurger & another plate of Buck-a-Roni:
IMG_1740.jpg

Melt that cheese & add the Pickle Chips:
IMG_1741.jpg

Looks darn good . I love the buck a roni . Have had that for many years with ground beef . Can't stop eatin it once I start . Nice meals !

I grew up on that also, mom always made it with ground beef(no hunters in the family). We called it American Chop suey.

Looks like another winner out of the Bear den.
Point for sure.

Chris

Dang, I just ate and could still go for either one of those. They look great
:)

Gary

I grew up on that also, mom always made it with ground beef(no hunters in the family). We called it American Chop suey.

Looks like another winner out of the Bear den.
Point for sure.

Chris

Thank You Chris!!
And Thanks for the "Like".

Bear

Last edited:
Great meals, Bear. We mix our venison the same way. I can't handle straight venison.

Those are some good looking burgers Bear!
I do all our burgers in a CI pan on the side burner of the grill, usually start out with a little bacon grease.
Nothing like a good greasy cheeseburger, that you have to wear wristbands to eat, so the juice doesn't run off your elbows!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

John that looks great!! I haven't had venison in ages,may have to find a road kill to make some stuffed peppers Points
Richie

I like the blend of ground meats you're using - looks mighty tasty!

Thank You Pete!
We tried all kinds of mixtures, but this one was our favorite. Been using it for a few years.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

I loved you used what you had on hand. The Buck-a-Roni looks darn good. Bear's Buck Burgers in your step by steps? If not. They should be. Everything looked so good.

Great meals, Bear. We mix our venison the same way. I can't handle straight venison.

Thank You Adam!!
Yup---Straight "Deer"-burger doesn't appeal to anyone around here.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Those are some good looking burgers Bear!
I do all our burgers in a CI pan on the side burner of the grill, usually start out with a little bacon grease.
Nothing like a good greasy cheeseburger, that you have to wear wristbands to eat, so the juice doesn't run off your elbows!
Congrats on making the carousel!
Al

Thank You Al !!!
LOL---Wristbands---:D
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

John that looks great!! I haven't had venison in ages,may have to find a road kill to make some stuffed peppers Points
Richie

Thank You Brother Richie!!
And Thanks for the Points.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky