• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

broke in my new treager with a pork loin

dalton

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 26, 2010
since my homebuilt smoke burned up I upgraded to a new traeger.  broke it in this weekend with a pork loin.  (and some deer sticks)

covered it in a mixture of olive oil and apple juice in my spray bottle.  covered it a rub I made up (modified a recipie I found here) and wraped it in plastic wrap for a couple hours then put on the smoker on the smoke setting.  the temp  outside was around 10 deg so the smoke setting didn't keep a high enough temp for me.  so I bumped it up to 180 deg setting for about 4-5 hours and pulled it at 163 internal temp.  next time I think I will pull it closer to 150 because it was a little dryer than I wanted.  I also could have misted it more often than I did but got busy. 

enuf with the talk...   here are pictures!!!

thanks for looking....   sorry about the one pic that is upside down. 

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
looks good,even upside down

I like to lay some bacon on top to add some fat and help retain some moisture.

dalton

Smoke Blower
Joined Oct 26, 2010
I have not tried injecting yet.  still kinda new at this

I like the bacon suggestion...   will have to try that next time

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
You might try stuffing one next time. I like the bacon idea too.

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

Your food looks great my head hurts now from standing on my head tring to look at the pics.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.