broke in my new treager with a pork loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dalton

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Oct 26, 2010
since my homebuilt smoke burned up I upgraded to a new traeger.  broke it in this weekend with a pork loin.  (and some deer sticks)

covered it in a mixture of olive oil and apple juice in my spray bottle.  covered it a rub I made up (modified a recipie I found here) and wraped it in plastic wrap for a couple hours then put on the smoker on the smoke setting.  the temp  outside was around 10 deg so the smoke setting didn't keep a high enough temp for me.  so I bumped it up to 180 deg setting for about 4-5 hours and pulled it at 163 internal temp.  next time I think I will pull it closer to 150 because it was a little dryer than I wanted.  I also could have misted it more often than I did but got busy. 

enuf with the talk...   here are pictures!!!

2b57278a_porkloin1-11.jpg

1eb9f36e_porkloin41-2011.jpg

2057216e_porkloin21-2011.jpg

534b1fc7_porkloin31-2011.jpg

thanks for looking....   sorry about the one pic that is upside down. 

I have not tried injecting yet.  still kinda new at this

I like the bacon suggestion...   will have to try that next time

icon_cool.gif

Your food looks great my head hurts now from standing on my head tring to look at the pics.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky