Brisket Point

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I did not plan on posting this but it turned out so good thought would share. I been wanting to try holding the Brisket after smoke at around 160 for several hours. I used the Rec Tec. I though I had my smoking tube going good but it went out. It could of used it but this was so tender and did have great flavor. I will be using this method again. Ran at 250. 165 in about 4 hours than put in foil pan on rack with some water in bottom. Covered and about 2.5 hours later at 202. Put into the MES40 at 160 for 4 hours. The cook on brisket was perfect! Who needs sides when Brisket is this good. I glad I did this instead of the corned beef.

20210228_152241.jpg 20210228_152421.jpg

This is Chris video I watched about this:

Last edited:
BW Beautiful Woman??? Great looking brisket. I could kill some brisket after the busy day in the heat all day.

Looks great Brian! Perfectly cooked and juicy. I agree holding at 160 or so in the oven or Electric smoker, wrapped is good, The point always seems more juicy than the flat. Great job.

Just got around to left overs. Just heated up in microwave. I really wasn't expecting much from this. Been in freezer probably 2 years and not very big. This one of the best I had in long time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky