Brisket Point Burnt Ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chilerelleno

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
A good cook can fake some pretty danged tasty Burnt Ends out of many cuts of meat.
Pork Belly, Cubed Pork Butt, Chuck Roast and of course the Brisket Flat.
But the hands down best is the extremely tender and fatty succulence of the Brisket Point.
It is simply no contest.

Of course this is just my $0.02 worth of opinion.

So if you can cook a full Packer these are too easy.
Today I separated the Point from my Hot-n-Fast Brisket I cooked yesterday and made some Burnt Ends.

Cube the Point.
I added butter, honey and SBR.
Into a 375°-400° smoker and cooked until the sauce was getting thick.
Then I folded it all together to coat the meat and let it go until the glaze was well set.

MVUQmhk.jpg

bgAJWyr.jpg

It's BBQ flavored brisket butter! :emoji_heart_eyes:

MkEBVB9.jpg

Damn John, I am really craving brisky now!! Your first thread on the packer was awesome, this one is phenomenal! I may need a new phone... not sure this one is drool proof! Well done man!

B1E178B5-A167-4016-B4BE-935D180EC5AA.jpeg

Holy cow John that looks fantastic, I haven't seen your first thread yet, but I'm a looking for it now.

Point for sure
Chris

Damn chilerelleno chilerelleno that looks AMAZING!!

So hot and fast , what temp did you do your brisket at? I am doing a clod cook tomorrow. Debating low and slow at 250F or 3 hours at 250f and then cranking her up to 300F. Honestly have done it both ways and the smoke ring on the 300F was amazing. Both tasted great.

Damn John, I am really craving brisky now!! Your first thread on the packer was awesome, this one is phenomenal! I may need a new phone... not sure this one is drool proof! Well done man!

View attachment 396439
LMAO... I'll buy you a bib.
Thanks Justin, appreciate it.
Holy cow John that looks fantastic, I haven't seen your first thread yet, but I'm a looking for it now.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris, for the Like and all.
Yep, that's about what I was thinking with a full mouth.
Damn chilerelleno chilerelleno that looks AMAZING!!

So hot and fast , what temp did you do your brisket at? I am doing a clod cook tomorrow. Debating low and slow at 250F or 3 hours at 250f and then cranking her up to 300F. Honestly have done it both ways and the smoke ring on the 300F was amazing. Both tasted great.
Thank you very much.
I started out giving it smoke for 2.5hrs at 275°.
Then maintained temps above 380° and pushing 400°+ throughout the rest of the cook.
Another 2.5hrs unwrapped to and IT of 165°, then about 2hrs butcher paper wrapped till probe tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky