Brisket On! Brisket On!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dewetha

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 21, 2011
Chicago - south Burbs
Just a little fishing humor this morning J

Today’s contestant is a 7.5lb brisket. What does he get? A good rub down, some friendly smoked veggies and pecan smoke!

Home made rub. Simple ¼ cup paprika,2TBS each of pepper, salt, onion, garlic, coffee, cumin. 2 tsp all spice

Making Chef JimmyJ smokey Au Jus. Just no onions.

In the smoker with some pecan.

Now I close the door for an hour or so and wait to add the beef broth!

Last edited:
popcorn.gif
I am in!  Keep the q-view coming so we can all drool! Good Luck!

Kat

110.gif
pepsi.gif
...been through 5 briskets in 2 smokes in the less than a month here, but I'm a sucker for brisket.

Nice start!

Eric

time ti insert the temp probe.

IT sitting at 153 pit temp 248.

sun is out and air is getting warmer so the sweet spot has been 248 for a few hours

decided to make a few t-bone for lunch with my neighbor.

sprinkled with coarse sea salt, fresh cracked peppercorns, garlic, onion,coffe. we ate them to fast to take a pick. smelling the smoker and brisket cooking makes you hungry! 

thanks everyone. closing on the home stretch. 180 and rising to smokey goodness. going to pull it at 190.  

going to try some burnt ends as well. do i pull it, wrap it for say 1/2 hr then separate the flat and point?

thanks everyone. closing on the home stretch. 180 and rising to smokey goodness. going to pull it at 190.  

going to try some burnt ends as well. do i pull it, wrap it for say 1/2 hr then separate the flat and point?
Shoot, wish you would have said burnt ends earlier...I separate the packer when the point reaches the upper 150 to lower 160* range, pop the flat back in with a little more dry rub on the separation. Rest the point for about 20-30 minutes, cube it up, season or sauce (very lightly) and return to open grates. This allows the point muscle to finish cooking after cubing and it gives a nice tender popping chew with a great crunchy bark...shoot, crap, dang...oh, well, you can try it that way another time.

As it is, the point won't be nearly as high of internals near the heaviest section as the flat will be, so you can rest a bit, separate and carry on from there...you're probably still in the upper 160* to lower 170* range in the point if the flat was 190*, so it should still have plenty of natural moisture for BE's.

Eric

Last edited:
thanks fo the tips forluvOfsmoke. it seam brisket have more way to cook them than anything else i read. It my first and i willing to try many ways until i get like i want.

the rub needs an adjustment. too much allspice. i wanted to add a little something extra but made the mistake of using a spice i never used before. need to dial it back or pick something else. but i snuck a  taste  test while cubing the point. not too bad for my first brisket.

a before shot of the burnt ends. spiced and sauced.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky