Brisket - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
I just can't believe the heat wave we've had to endure this week. It was another day in the mid-70s with no humidity and very little wind. So, since I bought nice little brisket earlier in the week. I decided to fire up the kettle and see how it goes.

Can't do the inaugural brisket on the kettle without my old buddy the beer pole. Damn birds have no respect.
DSC03665.JPG

Thought I'd have myself a little entertainment while I was outside.
DSC03668.JPG

and here she be:
DSC03652.JPG

All seasoned up with some Mo Cason brisket rub
DSC03653.JPG

and onto the 26" kettle with the SnS. I also put on that little ear lobe looking piece I cut off for the cook's snack.
DSC03657.JPG

after about 5 hours she's starting to get a tan.

DSC03659.JPG

Wrapped it up at 165* and here she is back on the kettle at 190* to finish.

DSC03670.JPG

Sliced shot
DSC03674.JPG

Burnt ends in the making
DSC03680.JPG

All vacuum sealed up the next day which is today, and ready for the freezer.
DSC03703.JPG

Shot of the four burnt ends I snacked on while putting their buddies under vacuum pressure.
DSC03701.JPG

Well that about does it. It took around 11hrs to cook this brisket. Kettle temps ranged from 250* to 325*. I added charcoal to the SnS three times. So, I'd say it took about 2.5 full loads of charcoal to due this brisket. No plated shots as we were hungry and nibbled as I sliced.

Thanks for stopping by. You'all come back now ya here!!!

Chris

Great looking brisket. Hate the weather you having to "tolerate"...LOL. I'll send ya prayers/wishes of comfort.
Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
Oops, I forgot one picture. Sorry about that.

Here's a bowl of the brisket crumbles. I'll be making a hash with these if I don't eat them up first.

DSC03696.JPG

Nailed it, a fine piece of work there Chris! Did you put any wood chunks over the coals, got a real nice bark there. RAY

Great looking brisket. Hate the weather you having to "tolerate"...LOL. I'll send ya prayers/wishes of comfort.
Jim

Appreciate it Jim, We all do what we have to survive.

snadamo snadamo thanks for the like

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Heck yeah Chris! Perfect bbq and beer weather. Nice job on that brisket. Points for the beer pole.
Thanks Edge. We got to take advantage of those three spring days we get a year.

Nailed it, a fine piece of work there Chris! Did you put any wood chunks over the coals, got a real nice bark there. RAY
Appreciate it Ray. I used a big chunk of hickory and two smaller chunks of apple for this cook. The apple was on top of the coals and the hickory was sitting on the bottom of the SnS.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That looks fantastic. Hate to hear about the blistering heat.
Question when cooking a kettle brisket.
Do you have to rotate or flip it any while cooking?
Wondering with a smaller cook area if that would come into play

Nice work Chris . I have a small packer I was gonna grind , but thinking I just might throw it on the 26 .
That looks fantastic bud .
It's 94 again here today .

That looks fantastic. Hate to hear about the blistering heat.
Question when cooking a kettle brisket.
Do you have to rotate or flip it any while cooking?
Wondering with a smaller cook area if that would come into play
Thanks NewGlide, We'll pay for the nice temps in a few months. I didn't flip it on purpose. I did flip it by accident when I took it out of the foil wrap.

Damn Chris you have that kettle dialed in, the 26 is nice for the real estate.
Appreciate it Cliff, The added space sure does come in handy when doing larger cuts or quantities of meat.

Chris

Daaaaaaang that looks good.

Cant beat the kettle with the SnS
Thanks BGKY, They're a match made in BBQ heaven.

Good looking brisket Chris! Glad to see the sous chef is still standing

Appreciate it Ringer. He didn't get called upon on my last cook, and was looking kinda lonely and underutilized. That changed yesterday.

Chris

Nice work Chris . I have a small packer I was gonna grind , but thinking I just might throw it on the 26 .
That looks fantastic bud .
It's 94 again here today .

Appreciate it Rich. Brisket is normally to expensive to grind up here. Not to mention I'm to lazy to do it. I still remember sweating in the shower when we visited St. Louis a few years back. The humidity was dreadful. Stay hydrated.

Chris

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky