Brisket - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well that about does it. It took around 11hrs to cook this brisket. Kettle temps ranged from 250* to 325*. I added charcoal to the SnS three times. So, I'd say it took about 2.5 full loads of charcoal to due this brisket. No plated shots as we were hungry and nibbled as I sliced.

Chris

Looks good.
The kettle makes a real good smoker. I've gotten up to 5 hours smoke time per chimney (briquettes) on the kettle with SnS. With my WSM I can get up to 8 hours smoke time before adding more charcoal, and the WSM holds a lot more charcoal. I never use my WSM anymore. Should probably pass it along to someone else.

Reactions: gmc2003
That's alright I am betting they won't be in the freezer long enough to get to the "expiration date"
I'm betting your correct Cliff. They'll be gone by summers end.

Looks good.
The kettle makes a real good smoker. I've gotten up to 5 hours smoke time per chimney (briquettes) on the kettle with SnS. With my WSM I can get up to 8 hours smoke time before adding more charcoal, and the WSM holds a lot more charcoal. I never use my WSM anymore. Should probably pass it along to someone else.
Appreciate it edmonds. Same here, I haven't used my 22" WSM in over a year I believe. It would have taken a full bag of briquettes to do this cook. I'm gonna hang onto to it because I'll use it for family gatherings and cold smoking.

Chris

Great weather and a great brisket cook Chris !
The kettle is so versatile makes me want to go shopping!

Keith
Thanks Keith. You can do just about anything on a kettle.
The weather party is over. We're expecting temps in the 90s and thunderstorms today. Oh well at least I got to enjoy it for a short time.

Chris, that looks fantastic. BIG LIKE!!

Now tell me exactly where this freezer is...:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
Appreciate it Charles.
44.7392° N, 73.1301° W is where you'll find them. Oh and watch out for the bears. We've had numerous sighting recently.

Chris

That's a great looking brisket Chris. I love seeing these kettle cooks and hopefully the new folks coming in pick up on the fact that you don't need to spend a small fortune on a top shelf smoker to turn out some world class BBQ. A couple hundred bucks for a cooker that will do a thousand different things, a $10 bag of charcoal, and you're off to the races. Great cook and another great lesson showcased.

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
That's a great looking brisket Chris. I love seeing these kettle cooks and hopefully the new folks coming in pick up on the fact that you don't need to spend a small fortune on a top shelf smoker to turn out some world class BBQ. A couple hundred bucks for a cooker that will do a thousand different things, a $10 bag of charcoal, and you're off to the races. Great cook and another great lesson showcased.

Robert

Thank you Robert, Since it's just the two of us the kettle provides more then enough space and function-ability for our needs.

Chris

Looks good Chris. You say there is only two of you there? Well, looks like little brother Yank Yank might head east and spend some quality time with Christopher!

Appreciate it and no problem Yank, I think you'd fit right in with the folks around here. Just stay out of Burlington. Thems Bernie folks.

Chris

Reactions: yankee2bbq
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky