BRISKET FOR SUNDAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Brisket 12-15-19

I had been in the mood for a good Brisket all week, so yesterday I went to the store to see what they had. There were 3 , 20+ pounders out in the case so I asked the Butcher to bring some more out, not as big. I started looking through them and found a good one. Sometimes you just get lucky.

It was labeled and priced as “Select” but looking at the Cryovac Package it was Stamped Choice. So, a double win for me.

I know I have posted my Smoking process before, but it has been a while, and we probably have some newbies.

So here it is again.

First thing, keep it simple, don’t over think it. It’s just a hunk of meat.

OK,

5:30 AM Turn on Coffee Maker, Pull Brisket out of Fridge and Fire up Smoker. I start with some charcoal then light it up with my Weed Burner, I go over my grates and heat up the inside to speed things up, throw on a couple of splits of pecan, then back inside.

Trimmed up the Brisket, seasoned it up let it rest while smoker comes up to temp.

6:00 AM Put Brisket on, smoker running right at 225° .

About every hour or so I throw on another split.

I don’t ever open my smoker to look, I did once today to take a pic and to put on a pork tenderloin and a rump roast my neighbor brought over to smoke.

Pork Tenderloin was ready about noon, didn’t take it long, pulled it off and put on my Beans. I always give my beans a few hours on the smoker.

Around 4:00 PM Rump Roast was ready

5:00 PM Brisket was ready.

A few things I “Don’t” Do

I never worry about the stall, it’s gunna happen so just don’t sweat it. I “Don’t” use a probe to tell me the IT and worry about how long it has been in the stall mode”, I Don’t mess with it at all. Just let it cook. I have smoked so many Briskets and really know my smoker I Don’t check the temp till I Feel its about ready, and Honestly I don’t know why I even do that, I can tell by feel, But that’s takes a long time to get to that point. So, by all means use what ever is comfortably or work for you.

Here are some Pics:

Package marked Choice
IMG_1732.jpg

Whole Brisket
IMG_1735.jpg

You can see how the Store Marked it
IMG_1734.jpg

Seasoned up and Resting
IMG_1737.jpg
IMG_1738.jpg

Smoker about Ready
IMG_1739.jpg

OK, this is where I opened it after 2 Hours
IMG_1740.jpg

Here is a shot of the Beans, Rump Roast and Brisket. I had already pulled the Pork Tenderloin, Sorry, no Pics of it.
IMG_1745.jpg

After 6 Hours I pulled it to Wrap
IMG_1746.jpg

Ready to Wrap in Butcher paper
IMG_1747 (1).jpg

Rump Roast Ready, you can see where I took a little sample, MMMMmmmm good
IMG_1748.jpg

Brisket comming off next
IMG_1749.jpg

Opened it up to take a peak. (I did let it rest for about 15 -20 min)
IMG_1750.jpg

Super Tender I could have probably pulled it a little earlier for me. Really good flavor
IMG_1751.jpg
IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1753.jpg

Had to do some Chopped
IMG_1754.jpg

My Plate, Good ole sandwich, Beans and Tater Salad
IMG_1755.jpg

Thanks for the Look

Gary

Attachments

• IMG_1733.jpg
    IMG_1733.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1736.jpg
    IMG_1736.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 3
The brisket looks awesome as always Gary! I still haven’t done a full packer yet. But when I do, I hope it’s half as good as you Texas guys.

Like!

Thanks Guys

Gary

Sure looks good!! I love the chopped too! When I do clods I do the entire small end as chopped / pulled.

OMG---Sheer Beauty!! As always!!
My Goto "Brisket King"!!
Nice Job Gary!
I'd say "You make it look so easy", but I know you'll say "IT IS!!".
Awesome!
Like.

Bear

Thank you for the nice complements And John , It is Easy :emoji_blush:

Looks fantastic , glad you posted . I just started doing them , and used your old threads for info . Some really good info . Thanks .

Thanks Chopsaw , really makes my day when someone tells me they used my recipe or method.
I love to share and help
Thanks

Gary

That does look fantastic. And the price is about a 1/4 of what the wife just paid for a 6.5lb
Like...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky