Brisket EXTREMELY Hot-n-Fast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's just a beautiful piece of work Chile, huge Like! Seeing you pull this off really opens up some new ground for me. Of course it'll be awhile till we can have enough of a crowd over to warrant doing a big brisket like that, but it's great seeing what can be done. Thanx Chile! RAY

Reactions: chilerelleno
Been awhile, howdy folks!

Doing yet another EXTREMELY Hot-n-Fast Brisket.
2.5 hours of mixed Hickory and Mesquite smoke at 275°-300°.
Then kicking the temp up to 375°-400°.
Once the IT hits 165° it'll be wrapped in paper, back into the 375°-400° and finished till probe tender.
Bought a Costco prime packer, 21.69lbs, trimmed it weighed approx 17lbs.
Rubbed with coarse Kosher salt, freshly cracked peppercorns and granulated garlic/onion.
Wrapped overnight to let the salt brine into the meat a bit.
Untrimmed
NFAhiDx.jpg

Trimmed and Rubbed

sJZT8HI.jpg

2.5 hours in, flipped and raised the temp to 375°-400°

RKxYoxE.jpg

Stand by brisket fans

Hmmm I see that u reporpose the trimmed meat somewhat like i do :)
Your brisket looks great!

It has been awhile, been looking for you, watching! RAY
I just went and looked back at Chile's previous Hot & Fast post for brisket, bookmarked, awesome! I haven't done one on my stick-burner due to not wanting to have to stay awake for 18-20 hours to tend the fire, too old for that now. This will change everything in a big way, go Chile! RAY
YES YES YES!!! RAY

That's just a beautiful piece of work Chile, huge Like! Seeing you pull this off really opens up some new ground for me. Of course it'll be awhile till we can have enough of a crowd over to warrant doing a big brisket like that, but it's great seeing what can be done. Thanx Chile! RAY
Thanks so much Ray.
Work and Family has just gotten so hectic that I've not had a lot of time to smoke/cook, document and post, and I fell out of the habit.
I too really like this Extremely Hot-n-Fast method, a 7 Hour Brisket, whats not to like about saving so much time when the results are outstanding.
As noted before, the kicker here is the 2.5 hour period of lower temp smoke, a little more time than the straight 375°-400° 4-5 hour method, but loads more smoke flavor.
I'll never do another 24hr low-n-slow brisket.

Last edited:
Reactions: sawhorseray
Excellent Job my friend. That brisket looks fantastic, as does the plating.

Point for sure
Chris

Awesome looking brisket Chile!
I have a prime packer in the freezer just waiting for a good day to smoke it!
Been smoking mine at 270-280, but will give your method a try.
Especially with the hot weather coming on, it's hard to sit by the Lang all day long.
Al

Looks Awesome Chile!!!
Mighty Tasty!!
You'll have to do the high heat experimenting---Mine won't go above 300°.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Hmmm I see that u reporpose the trimmed meat somewhat like i do :)
Your brisket looks great!
Heck yeah, gotta do something with all that money, ain't throwing it away.
This time it was some quick burnt ends, yummy.
Glad ya like it, thanks for the comments and like.

Reactions: tallbm
Excellent Job my friend. That brisket looks fantastic, as does the plating.

Point for sure
Chris
Many thanks Chris.
That brisket looks awesome! Glad to see ya back and posting!

Very nice ! Like!
Thanks xray.
Still here, just not as active, life has thrown a few curve balls recently.
Awesome looking brisket Chile!
I have a prime packer in the freezer just waiting for a good day to smoke it!
Been smoking mine at 270-280, but will give your method a try.
Especially with the hot weather coming on, it's hard to sit by the Lang all day long.
Al
Do it to it Al, you'll appreciate it.
Done a few like this now and I can say from experience that for larger (15lb +) briskets it works great. The regular Hot-n-Fast 275°-300° works best for smaller.
Looks Awesome Chile!!!
Mighty Tasty!!
You'll have to do the high heat experimenting---Mine won't go above 300°.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
No experimentation here Bear, this is proven science and it sure does turn out nice,
Really do appreciate your replies and likes, thank you.
Nice Job my Friend Looks Great !!

Gary
Greatly appreciated Gary.
That brisky looks phenomenal John, very nice cook!
You're too kind, thanks man.

Reactions: miketx83
Welcome back John!! Great to see you posting again. Brisket looks great also...as I would always expect from you :emoji_wink: Hope to see you showcasing more of your fantastic threads. you have been missed sir.

For the past several of years I've done briskets hotter than most folks that have been posting them. Typically starting around 260 for a couple hours then running up to 350 to finish. It's nice to get a chunk of meat that size done without having to do an overnight cook. this may well change a lot of people's approach to making what is still an excellent meal.

Big LIKE!!
Robert

Of course it'll be awhile till we can have enough of a crowd over to warrant doing a big brisket like that, but it's great seeing what can be done.

Ray...leave the door open!! I'm loading up the truck. The way I see it based on Chile's numbers, that's a half pound of brisket for you, a half pound for your wife, and 16 pounds for me :emoji_laughing: See? You don't need a large crown do justify cooking something of that size :emoji_wink:

Can't find my keys....
Robert

My wife has never in her life eaten a cut of beef, lamb, or pork Robert, so I guess I might be afforded the full one pound serving. If I can do some chicken, fish, or burgers while you're here Jan will join in on what we're having. See you shortly after you find your keys! RAY

Awesome brisket John! Haven't tried the hot and fast yet but with your last brisket and now this one you might have changed my mind on the low and slow. Big like man and glad to have you back!

Welcome back John!! Great to see you posting again. Brisket looks great also...as I would always expect from you :emoji_wink: Hope to see you showcasing more of your fantastic threads. you have been missed sir.

For the past several of years I've done briskets hotter than most folks that have been posting them. Typically starting around 260 for a couple hours then running up to 350 to finish. It's nice to get a chunk of meat that size done without having to do an overnight cook. this may well change a lot of people's approach to making what is still an excellent meal.

Big LIKE!!
Robert
Thanks Robert, yes'sir, it's the only way for me to cook a big packer now.
I've some extra thick chops defrosting, gonna stuff and glaze them in a day or two and I'll be sure to post them.

Awesome brisket John! Haven't tried the hot and fast yet but with your last brisket and now this one you might have changed my mind on the low and slow. Big like man and glad to have you back!
Many thanks John, really do appreciate the comments and Like.
Do try it, works great on larger Packers.

good looking brisket! Time like this I wish I had a chest freezer loaded with options.

I need a costco run to stock up on meat. jsut not thrilled about the adventure of Costco right now....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky