Brisket done too soon!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

psycho dad

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
Suffolk, VA
Hey Guys, 

I put on a 4 lb brisket last night about 1:00, thinking it would be done in the afternoon. I was going to let it rest 2-3 hours and have for dinner.

Unfortunately, brisket was done at 11:00.

Should I leave it in the cooler covered in towels all day, or refrigerate and reheat?

What is the best method for reheating?

thanks.

Wrapped in towels, and then the negative space filled in the cooler with other towels or pillows will allow a larger brisket to hold its heat for 5+ hours. A 4Lb. should hold for close to that maybe as long.

If that fits in your window for the meal, you should be fine.

Last edited:
In the cooler now. Double foil and towels or blankets to fill gaps will keep it hot about 5 hours or so. Even if the IT drops below 140, don't sweat it as you went in Sterile and no bacteria is going to get in a sealed cooler, work it's way through the towels, drill through two layer of foil and have the time or energy to multiply...You will be fine...JJ

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky