• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Brian got a new Hibachi so Dave had to get a Yakitori Grill

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
So I sliced up some pork loin and beef steak, cross grain and marinated in Soy-Vey with some Rice wine vinegar to thin...

Turned out to be a great comgination of sweet and sour....  

Vidalia onion salad dressing with a few sesame treats on top of a mixed greens, carrots etc. salad....

... ... ...

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Yep... I bought a box of the Thai Pok -Pok...    I've gotta figure out a better way to light it...   used my propane torch...   kinda failed...  lit some regular KB and then placed the Pok-Pok on top...    Worked fair...   It sure burns nice...  very little ash I think...  a real high quality charcoal...   When I get stuff figured out about it, I think I will like it better..... 

When done cooking, I put it in a coffee type can and put the lid on to snuff it...  Saved quite a bit of coal for next use...   We'll see... 

Got any tips for lighting that stuff ??  I was gonna read the directions but...  when I BBQ, it's cocktail hour and I don't have time to read directions....

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

Looks amazing Dave!  

Mike
Thanks Mike....   While eating, I was thinking it was a very nice, delicious change from plain old grilled steaks... may have to try it with sliced chicken breasts next.... 

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Looks great Dave!

That's a delicious looking meal!

Point!

Al

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Dave when my friend was using them he'd stack them on end in a charcoal chimney and then put the chimney over the side burner on his gas BBQ.

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Dave when my friend was using them he'd stack them on end in a charcoal chimney and then put the chimney over the side burner on his gas BBQ.
That makes sense....   I'll try it.......

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Another note from him, make sure they are burning out both ends before removing from chimney. I guess there's a hole all the way through.

Last edited:

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010

Another note from him, make sure they are burning out both ends before removing from chimney. I guess there's a hole all the way through.
I checked...  there is a hole through the center of the bricks....   Also noted, when lighting them yesterday, they had a fruity aroma...   unlike the KB that has a somewhat foul odor...  

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013
That is one impressive grill my friend. And by all counts is appears to cook very well! Point b

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Hey....  thanks....  It's all your fault...  I see you handle the blame graciously... like a good Texan....

bdskelly

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 3, 2013

Hey....  thanks....  It's all your fault...  I see you handle the blame graciously... like a good Texan....
Who is up for a hibachi throw down?  LOL

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Boys and toys! I love it!

Disco

daveomak

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Last edited:

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
I love the spicy Italian links!  "Point" for sharing!

Mike

millerbuilds

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 13, 2013
Dave-

Once again you amaze me!

Two great cooks!

Points!

Smoke ON!

- Jason

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.