Brian got a new Hibachi so Dave had to get a Yakitori Grill

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
Omak,Washington,U.S.A.
So I sliced up some pork loin and beef steak, cross grain and marinated in Soy-Vey with some Rice wine vinegar to thin...

Turned out to be a great comgination of sweet and sour....  

Vidalia onion salad dressing with a few sesame treats on top of a mixed greens, carrots etc. salad....

... ... ...

Looks amazing Dave!  
points1.png

Mike

Yep... I bought a box of the Thai Pok -Pok...    I've gotta figure out a better way to light it...   used my propane torch...   kinda failed...  lit some regular KB and then placed the Pok-Pok on top...    Worked fair...   It sure burns nice...  very little ash I think...  a real high quality charcoal...   When I get stuff figured out about it, I think I will like it better..... 

When done cooking, I put it in a coffee type can and put the lid on to snuff it...  Saved quite a bit of coal for next use...   We'll see... 

Got any tips for lighting that stuff ??  I was gonna read the directions but...  when I BBQ, it's cocktail hour and I don't have time to read directions....

Looks amazing Dave!  
points1.png

Mike
Thanks Mike....   While eating, I was thinking it was a very nice, delicious change from plain old grilled steaks... may have to try it with sliced chicken breasts next.... 

That makes sense....   I'll try it.......
Another note from him, make sure they are burning out both ends before removing from chimney. I guess there's a hole all the way through.
I checked...  there is a hole through the center of the bricks....   Also noted, when lighting them yesterday, they had a fruity aroma...   unlike the KB that has a somewhat foul odor...  

Hey....  thanks....  It's all your fault...  I see you handle the blame graciously... like a good Texan....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky