Breville Polyscience Smoking Gun Pro - anyone use? Tips?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dsc106

Original poster
Jul 21, 2021
I got one of these smoking guns and have played around with it a couple times now. Does anyone have one, or have any tips?

In Project Smoke, Raichlen suggests 4 minutes infuse time when making smoked ice cream. I did that and the ice cream was gross, it tasted like Ash. I also made a smoked old fashion, which was "solid" but I think I over did the smoke a little here as well letting it sit for 3-4 minutes.

Raichlen says 3-4 minutes, sometimes twice. The manual says 1-2 minutes is usually enough. I am thinking of retrying these with shorter infuse times.

Anyway, was wondering if anyone had experience and what their findings were. Not sure if I just don't like the taste that a handheld smoker produces, or if I am just using it wrong. I am hoping it's the latter, because I love the idea of quickly cold smoking cheese, cocktails, or something from the sous vide that just needs a quick finish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky