Breakfast pizza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Brokenhandle

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 9, 2019
Nw Iowa
Just happened to see a couple pics I never posted, so thought I would add to the breakfast section.
This pizza actually came about by trying to find a way to get rid of a jar of cheese whiz. The only time we buy it is to make a batch of grandma's scalloped potatoes...which doesn't use alot of it. We always end up throwing the rest out, until now.
Just used a store bought pizza dough, sometimes we pre bake it a little but didn't do so this time. Fried up some bacon bits, caramelized onions in bacon grease, drained some of the grease then made scrambled eggs in remaining grease. Spread cheese whiz on for sauce, top with eggs, bacon bits, and onions then top with some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Bake according to directions for pizza dough.

20191123_105347.jpg

20191123_113340.jpg

It turned out amazing! Crust was perfect and it was filling. Four of us ate it and were all full afterwards. I apologize for not many pics but it was an afterthought...plus you all have seen bacon and eggs frying.

Thanks for looking
Ryan

I was thinking about smoked pizza last night.
Wife & I went to a Farm to Fork pizza place in Chico last night.
We had smoked chicken on one half.
I was told that the Prep Cook smokes it up on the back porch every morning in an offset smoker.

Ryan...I gotta say, that looks fantastic!! I'm done with breakfasts for this weekend but I have every intention of stealing this for next weekend. There is just no way I can't make this. Big WOW and a big LIKE!!

I'll be posting my Redneck Breakfast a bit later
Robert

Reactions: Will Squared
Is that a cast iron pizza pan?
That would fit in my 560.
Yes it is

Looks very good. I've had breakfast pizza before. Never made it though. I really like the CI pan. Where did you get it from?
Just asked my wife and she doesn't remember. I thought maybe Amazon, she didn't think so...thought she maybe ordered out of some magazine. I guess we both have crs! There's no markings on it, the od is 13 3/4" the od at handles is 16 5/8".

Ryan

I was thinking about smoked pizza last night.
Wife & I went to a Farm to Fork pizza place in Chico last night.
We had smoked chicken on one half.
I was told that the Prep Cook smokes it up on the back porch every morning in an offset smoker.
Sounds good! And thanks for the like. Quite some time ago my son wanted to try a chicken and waffle pizza...wasn't bad but prolly won't do it again. Not a big fan of chicken and waffles myself.

20190427_184753.jpg

Ryan

Ryan...I gotta say, that looks fantastic!! I'm done with breakfasts for this weekend but I have every intention of stealing this for next weekend. There is just no way I can't make this. Big WOW and a big LIKE!!

I'll be posting my Redneck Breakfast a bit later
Robert
Thanks Robert and thanks for the like. I'll be looking forward to seeing it, I'm interested to see what you come up with...you always do such a good job.

Ryan

Great looking pizza! Nice way to use up the cheese whiz! I'm with the others too nice CI pan!
Thanks! I should try making a pizza on the grill or kettle since I have the pan...maybe when it warms up a bit

Ryan

Wow Ryan that pizza looks amazing. I could def eat that for breakfast! Will have to steal this. Maybe I can get my daughter to eat eggs now if I tell her its on pizza haha. Points for sure!

• Haha
Ok Ryan, that there are a couple of nice lookin' pizzas.

Kudos on the creativity, and damn it's breakfast time and I just read Roberts post and now this....calling a time out to head for the kitchen.

BIG LIKE!

John
Thank you John! Isn't it funny how these posts make a person hungry, sometimes even if ya just got done eating.

Thanks for the like
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky