Breakfast for supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Decided to have some breakfast for supper the other day. What the heck I’ll post it up since I learned the majority of it right here at SMF. Buckboard bacon using Pops brine adjusted to sugar free with Splenda. Homemade breakfast sausage patties based on a recipe I found here and adjusted to my taste for extra rubbed sage. Some scrambled eggs with onion, jalapeño and cheddar. Man this really hit the spot.
D1CB12E8-92EE-48A8-933A-045EB769358F.jpeg
06A47E40-CB59-4EF9-A942-0CB5A66C1213.jpeg

Looks real good from my screen Jeff

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jcam222
That breakfast plate looks awesome!
Tell me more about Buckboard bacon. That looks really good.
Buckboard is just cured smoked pork butt. I use boneless butts. I cut them to thickness of a thick belly. I always just use Pops brine until cured and then hot smoke with charcoal and applewood. My friends go bonkers for the stuff. Kind of a cross between bacon and country ham.

Breakfast, lunch, or supper that is a meal to enjoy.
Breakfast, lunch, & dinner? Breakfast, dinner, & supper?

I chuckle.
My uncles used the expression "breakfast food for supper". Their days and nights got really twisted during calving and lambing seasons so often breakfast (start of day meal) was at traditional supper (dinner?) time.

I love buckboard pork. Next round will be trim to belly thickness.
I think your trim confused as it sure appeared to be a brisket flat in the photo

Great job Jeff

Sure looks tasty! Sometimes I think breakfast for supper tastes better than in the morning.
Nice job!
Ryan

That all looks great Jeff! I'm a fan of sage beeing heavy in my breakfast sausage....or for sausage burgers.. Buck board looks fantastic. And a fine choice of add ins for the eggs. My kind of meal. I have not done breakfast for dinner in a while. Going on the menu for next week now. Thanks for sharing!!

Jeff, that is one stunning plate of food!! I don't care what time of day it is, I'd thoroughly enjoy sitting down to pa plate of that. Excellent job as always my friend!! Congrats on a much deserved ride buddy.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky