Braunsweiger

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nitrousinfected

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
Van Buren AR
Can anyone tell me the difference between Liverwirst and Braunsweiger? Tried some Ketchmar Braunsweiger this weekend and I have to learn to make this stuff!!!!

Here is what I could find for ya..I personally don't know but what I found this is the best explanation
Braunschweiger and Liverwurst are often used synonymously. In terms of their difference, following opinions (sometimes even conflicting) are what you could find:
  • Braunschweiger is actually a more specific term for one (the most popular) type of Liverwurst, while Liverwurst is referred to as a general term for sausage with pork liver in it.
  • Liverwurst is a spreadable sausage. Braunschweiger is sliceable rather than spreadable. Or the opposite.
  • Liverwurst can be smoked or plain while Braunschweiger is nearly always smoked.

Thanks!!!! that helps. Nice ink btw.
icon_smile.gif

I think Got1 got it for you. Braunschweiger definitely does slice more easily and - to me- is a lot tastier.

Thanks for the research!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky