Boykjo's Summer Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Wow Joe!  You sure do set the bar high for a first attempt at a project.  Mighty good looking.  It's obvious you DO put 110% effort into it.

Impressive as usual...They look great!...JJ

Looking good Joe!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Craig

Here's a product that the sausagemaker.com sells to give salamis, etc, the tangy taste I believe you're looking for.  The product description follows.

Fermento is a starter culture that produces a tangy flavor immediately in semi-dry cured sausage. No need to wait, you can stuff and smoke immediately. Generally used in venison summer sausage, cervelat, goteborg and other summer sausages.

Use 1oz. per 2lbs. of meat. Do not exceed 6lbs. of 100lbs. of meat. 5 lbs. fermento will process approximately 160 lbs. of meat.  

I use it in my venison summer sausage and it tastes and works great.

Hope this helps.

Joe the SS/ salami looks great. The sliced up pictures, Mmmm.
icon14.gif

Very nice

Damn and im going south  tomorrow.

Nice work Joe

Hey Joe- in the first post you talk about repeating steps 2-8. I don't know if it my eye site is going goofy but I'm not seeing any steps.

Can ya help me here?

Thanks~

Hey Joe- in the first post you talk about repeating steps 2-8. I don't know if it my eye site is going goofy but I'm not seeing any steps.

Can ya help me here?

Thanks~
It may be another one of his secret recipes Dutch...

hahahahahahahahhahahahahhahaahhaha

Craig

ROTF.gif
 You just might be onto something there Craig.

Stumbled on one of my threads and I edited the instructions and added the steps as per dutches catch...(Thanks).... No super secret recipe here Craig.............lol

I was thinking salami is more of a fermented dry sausage.? It looks very nice however,. summer sausage / salami,,, they are all good..

Yes salami is dry cured but this thread "My salami kick off" is based on mortons beef salami recipe located on their web site so thats why I called it salami.... Its more a salami Summer sausage without the tang. You can google mortons beef salami and get the recipe

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky