Boudin Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

CajunChris

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 7, 2018
Syracuse, New York
Had a half of Pork Loin left from sausage making, needed to eat it up before it went. Remembered I had Frozen Boudin that I made Prior.
First I butterflied the loin and pounded it out like it owed me money. Seasoned with creole seasoning, and spread the Boudin out thick.
Trussed it up with some rosemary.
Made a quick rustic marinade with thyme and chopped garlic and olive oil. Let marinade for about 5 hours (overnight would of been better, but ehhh....I'm impatient.)
Before Smoke, Seasoned with Rub.
Smoked this at about 250....looking for a 145 internal. Anyone from Syracuse, NY knows when you get ANY type of good weather, you should be thankful and use it to your advantage. So as it smoked...I DID!
Smoked out nice.
Made a Roux and Creole mustard sauce.
Came out nice! Sorry if this was over-posting or over the top, just had this week off of work and school and have been going all out! Much love to the forum!

haha , Thanks fellas, it was so Rich and already had the Boudin (rice and Pork) I literally had no idea what to do for a side haha (considering I'm a single dude with a golden retriever), if I had a party I'd think of more options, but this was enough to end my night! Almost made some Grit cakes....but just housed the pork!

Reactions: bdskelly
No wife??? My wife makes me eat sides. I could eat all meat most of the time unless the sides are done in the smoker too.

No wife??? My wife makes me eat sides. I could eat all meat most of the time unless the sides are done in the smoker too.
hahaha, C Farmer, I could see where you would think that's a luxury....but trust me, I would take a wife and an occasional side over meat everyday any day... I think your doing alright...I'll get there some day. But hey I got my Golden (in avatar) to keep me company....whats his name?...."Roux" On paper its actually "Gumbo Roux Mellblom" haha.

Great looking loin Chris. Welcome to the site, by the way.

Nice looking selection of sauces in pic # 8.

Don't stress over the number of pics in the post. We love them around here.

Wow! That looks great! And I hate thyme! Never liked it and I basically like everything. I’d try that for sure! Fine job! Like!

Scott

hahaha, C Farmer, I could see where you would think that's a luxury....but trust me, I would take a wife and an occasional side over meat everyday any day... I think your doing alright...I'll get there some day. But hey I got my Golden (in avatar) to keep me company....whats his name?...."Roux" On paper its actually "Gumbo Roux Mellblom" haha.
I see he is a light roux. Best for seafood gumbo. LOL b

Thanks everyone...Next week I wanna do a Wood smoked Pizza on The egg..., I am NOT a dough stretcher....anyone has tips please send em my way! I am a newbie....any tips would be great! Thanks Fellas!

Looks delicious,and great knife work on the loin!
It in theory it seems like an easy task,but in reality it's hard to get an even thickness.

Nice looking loin Chris. Never worry about how many posts/pics you put up. It's all fun and an excellent learning experience. I've seen so many dishes made on this site that I've never even heard of before. Boudin for instance. It wasn't until I came here that I knew it existed.

Point for sure.

Chris.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky