• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Bottom Round

jpjohnson93

Joined Jan 21, 2011
My wife bought some bottom round roast...would this be a cut of beef that I could smoke?  Would it be better to smoke and then slice thinly (roast beef sandwiches) or just smoke and slice and eat?  Or, should I just stick to the oven/crock pot?

Thanks in advance for helping a newb.

scarbelly

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 26, 2009
I agree. That will make some great sammies. When you smoke it put a pan of onions and beef stock under the roast to catch the drippings. Skim off the fat and take the onions out and carmelize them in a frying pan. Skim off any fat and put the juices in a pot on the stove and heat it up. Add the carmelized onions and serve with crusty rolls and some meled cheese under the roast beef. Put the AuJus in a bowl and feast away  We like to add some Jonnies Au Jus to it (dilute per instructions) and it will make an awesome french dip

mballi3011

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Mar 12, 2009

I would do just what Paul (beer-b-q) said and you'll be golden. Now I have seen a crock pot once in a museum I think.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I agree, great for thin sliced sammies. No crock pot!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.