Bottom Round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jpjohnson93

Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
My wife bought some bottom round roast...would this be a cut of beef that I could smoke?  Would it be better to smoke and then slice thinly (roast beef sandwiches) or just smoke and slice and eat?  Or, should I just stick to the oven/crock pot?

Thanks in advance for helping a newb.

I agree. That will make some great sammies. When you smoke it put a pan of onions and beef stock under the roast to catch the drippings. Skim off the fat and take the onions out and carmelize them in a frying pan. Skim off any fat and put the juices in a pot on the stove and heat it up. Add the carmelized onions and serve with crusty rolls and some meled cheese under the roast beef. Put the AuJus in a bowl and feast away  We like to add some Jonnies Au Jus to it (dilute per instructions) and it will make an awesome french dip

What's a crock pot???
PDT_Armataz_01_14.gif

icon_cool.gif

I would do just what Paul (beer-b-q) said and you'll be golden. Now I have seen a crock pot once in a museum I think.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky