Bosch Dishwasher repairs…UGH!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
We have Bosch front load washer and dryer and a Samsung true convection oven with a heating element and fan in the back and a 3rd shelf.

Bosh no issues for over 10 years now. I've installed 3 Bosch DW so far without issues that I'm aware of. Trust me if the retires ladies had an issue they will call me first.

Gas stove, well it is a black top. The last stove/oven we had was a Tappan. 30ish years only problem was the glow plug for the oven, 2xs I replaced. This Samsung is a B-tch to get the top to clean! Our old stove was clean! I mean clean. The samsung looks like it is not cared for.
Anyone have proven results?

It does connect to the garbage disposal, but there is no air gap fitting. It’s just an anti siphon loop above the disposal drain. That’s how it’s always been plumbed I did it once and the plumber did the same thing when they redid the under sink fitting during the reno.
I have literally installed thousands of dishwashers, both with and without air gap fittings. I've never once installed them with an anti siphon loop, they aren't needed or required, I'd just run directly to the G.D. drain if it was mine, that is how we do them.

Good luck.

I have literally installed thousands of dishwashers, both with and without air gap fittings. I've never once installed them with an anti siphon loop, they aren't needed or required, I'd just run directly to the G.D. drain if it was mine, that is how we do them.

Good luck.

Never used air gap fittings either. Always an anti-siphon loop though. That's code over this way.

It takes me 90-120 minutes to properly install a LG compressor, it takes a lot of equipment to replace 1, I did 191 compressors last year and 189 were LG , sometimes it's all covered sometimes the labor and small parts are not. ymmv, son bought a bosch dw and I bought a whirlpool gold, his broke 2 times in 1.5 years and he replaced the last time, mine lasted 6-7 years .the ice door flapper on samsun are getting trash built up where they seal, sometimes a good cleaning can fix them

samsun are getting trash built up where they seal, sometimes a good cleaning can fix them
Cleaning it has to be put in the rotation especially if you have hard water .
Another thing is the defrost drain freezing and water running under the deli drawer in the fridge . This is about half of it . That was one solid sheet of ice .
20211210_151952.jpg
I got the heater tab added , but didn't get the drain completely thawed . So I'm still getting small amounts .
20220128_115847.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky